Dec 19, 2008

"Test Run" Friday meal

I thought I'd go easy on myself and do something easy. I decided to make Beanless Chili

I found a recipe in Deceptively Delicious that adds some secret vegetables into the chili. In my case I have lots of pureed red bell pepper and the nutrition is always welcome.

The Recipe (with my changes):

1/ C onion, sauteed
1 lb. ground beef, browned
1 T chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. pepper
28 oz. crushed tomatoes
1/2 can water
1 C V-8 juice
1 C red bell pepper puree

  • Saute the onion until translucent. Put in crockpot.
  • Brown beef. Add to crockpot.
  • Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until heated through.
I will add a salad to that using lettuce, dried cherries, pathetic carrot, tomatoes and salad dressing.


I will also put out the oyster crackers.

I really need to practice food photography. It's harder than I thought! Here's a picture of the chili. It taste WAY better than it looks!



Verdict:

Me: Personally, the red bell pepper made its presence known. Next time I'll cut it in half. I loved the fact that there were extra vegetables that were hidden in all the red.


Hubby: It was really good. I liked it a lot. The peppers surprisingly did not cause me any problems. No knowing what the "extra" ingredient was kept it from getting in the way of the flavors.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails