I realized something the other day. I take better care of my car than I do of myself.
Case in point:
If the Car gets new tires when they begin to be too weather-worn,
Then I should keep my finger and toenails up-to-date.
If the Car gets to go to the carwash regularly to keep in shiny,
Then my daily shower takes on a newer purpose.
If the Car gets its oil changed,
Then I should moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.
If the Car has an outward appearance that is sleek and smooth,
Then my legs, underarms, and eyebrow area deserve the same.
If the Car's color begins to fade or (gasp) peel, showing the sheet metal beneath warranting a new paint job,
Then I should make sure my gray stays covered on a regular basis.
(Note: Others embrace their gray. Mine will be held at bay for many years to come.)
If the Car gets its fluids topped off routinely,
Then those 8 glasses of water each day are critical for me.
If the Car gets decluttered and neatened on the inside,
Then I should declutter the fat.
If the Car gets to have high-priced gas,
Then I should buy organic when possible.
If the Car gets its upholstery and rugs vacuumed,
Then I should keep my clothes in great condition.
If I want my chassis to last a lifetime, I need to pay it better attention.
With that in mind, I propose the following regime:
- Monthly pedicure.
- Bi-weekly manicure.
- Whole body moisturizing after every shower--not just my face.
- Color my hair every 4-6 weeks so the "skunk" look doesn't happen.
- Now that shorts weather is FINALLY here, shave my legs and underarms every three days. We'll discuss the schedule again when winter gets here!
- Tweeze my eyebrows once a week.
- "Top off my fluids" by drinking my 8 glasses of water daily.
- Stop ingesting the junk.
- Start consuming quality foods (organic if it's affordable).
- Take a long, hard look at my aging clothing and begin to make some changes. I'll schedule going through 3 items each week.
- Do "shoe maintenance" quarterly
Doris knew all about this. Teach me, Doris.
Clothing Evaluation (This one has several posts.)