Jul 7, 2010

A new day

I've mentioned before that I grew up in south Florida. Without air conditioning. (HERE is an article about my school experiences if you'd like to get a feel for Florida in the early 70s.) Well, as of Sunday, Florida moved north. It has been H.O.T. here! Though familiar, I'm still hiding out in shrouded windows and air conditioning. The two things I do NOT miss about Florida are the heat and the bugs. (HERE is a story about my bug experience. Read at your own risk.)

Now that I've voiced my recent mind ramblings regarding my MIL, aging, etc., I'm ready to move on. I don't want to live in the past.

Or do I?

I came across this little quiz and here was the result:




You Belong in 1954



You're fun loving, romantic, and more than a little innocent. See you at the drive in!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right behind you in 1959. Here's the blurb I got:

You Belong in 1959
You're fun loving, romantic, and more than a little innocent. See you at the drive in!

I get a kick out the the "more than a little innocent" line. Just yesterday a telemarketer called. Upon my "hello" the lady asked "is your mom or dad home, honey"?

Packrat said...

This is a little different quiz than I took before. Anyway, no matter what, I'm a 1967.

Unknown said...

Dude, I am like, totally 1981! ROCK ON!

Wild, over the top, and just a little bit cheesy. You're colorful at night - and successful during the day.

weenie_elise said...

I'm in 1958

HappyMom said...

I'm actually 2 years before you!! Lol! Mine said 1952, and the same blurb.

Roxanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roxanne said...

Trixie--Hey, you could get some mileage out of that one!

Packrat--That makes you 13 years younger than me! Woo hoo! Wait . . .that means I'm older.

Lexi--I remember 1981. I graduated from high school. I was 17 1/2. So, you're colorful at night?

Weenie--Another "50s" gal!

Happy Mom--I wonder what we answered differently to cause the two year change?

Related Posts with Thumbnails