Aug 1, 2010

Consolidating Blogs

I have three blogs: This one, a weight-loss blog, and a homeschooling blog. I plan to keep the homeschooling blog separate, but I decided to put my posts about weight-loss here at Haven of Home.

Originally, the other blog (
Shapely Weight from 1958) was based on a diet book written in 1958. I did indeed lose weight using that book. It was fun, but then I returned to my fat-gathering ways.

Back in March I made another stab at getting the numbers down. I was working on calorie counting and was successful . . . until
McDonalds came out with Carmel Frappes. I found that I could not resist them!

Then, in April, a major reason for attempting to get the weight off this time presented itself.

Below is what I wrote back in April:

I am so loving my digital scale. Those tenths of a pound are fun to see. According to this wonderful scale, I am 6/10s of a pound DOWN. Woo hoo!

I'm going to pick up on the exercise this week and see if I can actually move BEYOND tenths to ACTUAL pounds. That would be nice.

In fact, I'd better get those pounds coming off just a little faster than that. One of those "life motivators" is staring me in the face.

August 3rd will be our 25th wedding anniversary. We are not outgoing people. We like to keep things low-key and pretty private. Much to my surprise (and chagrin), our pastor started talking to us from the pulpit during announcement time about this special event. THEN he announced that the church was going to give us a party. My smile froze.

You know what went through my mind? PICTURES. They will insist on taking PICTURES at this party. I just can't be the weight I am for those PICTURES!

I have exactly FIFTEEN weeks. If I can lose a pound a week, I'll be down to 173. If I step up the exercise, I might be able to make that 1 1/2 pounds a week. That would bring it down to 165.

CAN I DO IT???

I had my son make a sign that says, "August 3." I put it on the refrigerator.

CAN I DO THIS???

(Why, oh why didn't we get married in December?)


Photobucket


(That's me--just a baby! 21 years old and 121 pounds.)

9 comments:

DrJulieAnn said...

As someone who recently consolidated two of my blogs, I totally understand. I think you will love how liberating it feels!

Go, you!

Roxanne said...

Yes--I already feel better having just made the decision!

Unknown said...

Just happened to drop by and you are the second in two days about losing weight.... Hmmm.... I will happily be checking you out to see how you are making out! Off to search more of your site. (I can't hardy keep up with one blog, when I had more than one I got overwhelmed and ditched them all) Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is your big day! Happy 25 years!!

I hear you on the celebration. My hubby and I prefer to keep things pretty low key too. Hearing of a big celebration on our behalf would be my husband's worst nightmare -- well unless he received lots of Home Depot gift cards as part of the celebration : )

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

Happy 25th Anniversary!

Unknown said...

Happy 25 years...tomorrow!!!! Funny that I just split my blog into two.

Lorie B said...

I hope you have a very Happy Anniversary!!! We are doing VBS this week, so I might not have time tomorrow to drop you a line.

Roxanne said...

Not Jane--Thank you for stopping by! Yes, the always-on-my-mind weight-loss journey. I guess it's ok to be on my mind . . . just not on my body LOL!

Roxanne said...

Trixie, Tessa, Lexi, and Lori--Thank you for your well-wishes. I still can't believe it's been that long already.

During breakfast this morning we looked through out wedding album. The whole future was ahead of us!

If I can figure out how to get my scanner to start working again, I'd like to post some of the photos. I think y'all will get a kick out of them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails