Feb 23, 2012

Well, I finally got a clue as to why I couldn't post.  All of a sudden Blogger has decided that I have to, in fact, I absolutely must use their new system.  I thought there was something up with my WiFi, but evidently not.

I have had a cold for a few days.  It's almost gone now and I feel tremendously better.  I was going to post about it on Monday (I know, one of my more exciting posts!) and it wouldn't let me on.  Tuesday I tried again, but nothing.  Yesterday I was out all day and evening (errand day and band practice), so didn't check.  This morning I sat down to see if I could figure out the problem.  I figured out the problem!

Now that that is behind me, I will do a happy post and then I'll be back to my regular blogging schedule on Monday.

Here's the HAPPY POST:

I live in New England.  New England is known for having a goodly amount of snow in the winter.  I have come to embrace the seasonal conditions that come with living here.  This winter, however, has been the easiest, most surprising one we've had in the 15 years I've lived here!  I will describe the conditions with a list:

  • As of yesterday, there was NO snow on the ground.
  • There hasn't been snow on the ground for over a MONTH!
  • My son has been out scootering a lot.
  • My husband GOLFED last week, for heaven's sake!
  • Yesterday, it was 50 degrees.  Most of the days for the last 6 weeks have been in the 30s and 40s.
  • SUNSHINE has made its appearance quite often.
  • The Pièce de résistance?  Robins have been gorging themselves on worms in our yard and my husband saw a goose yesterday.
IN FEBRUARY, in New England.  

I am thrilled!

Source

6 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

We usually have fairly mild winters here, coastal Georgia, but we've basically had no winter at all this year. Today is supposed to be 82. That means that all the bugs who should have frozen during the winter will be out in droves this summer.

Roxanne said...

Mac n' Janet--Oh yeah. The bugs. I forgot about them. That's one thing about Florida I do NOT miss!

I wonder if that will affect us? (More mosquitos, maybe?)

We're at 40 degrees today. We actually got a light dusting of snow last night, but it's melting away.

Anonymous said...

haa haa same here! We've been enjoying the "spring" weather all winter this year.

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Welcome back! Its been incredibly mild this year here in Southern Cali- almost like spring. My wisteria is about to bloom!

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Eef said...

Hey Roxanne,

Is everything all right for you? Your silence is worrying me.
I know I should comment more often, because I've got the feeling I know you as if you were a friend of mine, and you don't know anything about me. Anyway, your silence bothers me, and I realy hope there's nothing serious, and you're just to bussy with all kind of things. I wish you and your family a very nice day. Your unknown Belgian friend ;-). Eef

Ps : if there's something going wrong for you, and if there's anything I can do to help you please say so (I know this sounds verry weird given the distance between us).
My mail : eva.destat@hotmail.com

Roxanne said...

Eef,

Thanks for your concern. I've emailed you.

To everyone, it's just been a combination of busy, lazy, and being out of blog post ideas!

I'm back now.

Roxanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails