Dec 10, 2008

Pantry Experiment

I have been reading blogs for months now. Many, many are quite inspiring. I will list those links to provide inspiration for those who may come across my blog. Because of my reading, I have been sufficiently motivated to give myself a challenge:

I WILL FEED MY FAMILY PRIMARILY FROM MY CURRENT STOCK OF FOOD FOR 30 DAYS.

Before I had my child (almost 7 years ago) I was KNOWN for my ability to stock the pantry and freezers. That all fell apart during that first year after birth and I am just now coming around to wanting to be efficient with our meals again.

Here is my plan:

  • List all foods in the pantry, freezer, refrigerator, and small freezer above frig.
  • Plan menus for 30 days
  • Each week purchase ONLY the following things: bananas, apples, lettuce, milk
  • 100% cooking at home--no PAID restaurant food (we do have a couple of gift cards)


I will prepare and be ready to start very soon.

I'm stoked. I'm excited. I'm sleep-deprived! I had so many ideas swirling in my mind last night that I kept waking up!

Off to inventory.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails