Jan 25, 2009

Week Five: Saturday (Day 24)

I decided to make a Broccoli and Swiss Cheese Quiche with my final frozen pie crust. I got a little over ambitious about the amount of broccoli. Beware: Don't do that. Consider yourself warned.

Here is the recipe that I used. Next time I will cut the broccoli down to 1 cup rather than 3. Otherwise it was quite good.

The Recipe:

3 cups broccoli, diced
1 T butter
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2/3 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
1 pie crust

  • Steam broccoli until bright green. Uncover and set aside.
  • Saute onion in butter.
  • Combine all ingredients.
  • Pour into Pre-BAKED pie crust (8 minutes at 450 degrees)

Cook quiche at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set.

I served this with shredded carrot salad.

The Verdict:

Me: Too much broccoli.

Hubby: Too much broccoli. Oh--she already said that.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails