Jan 26, 2009

Week Six: Monday (Day 25)

I have a packet of Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Herb with Garlic. The recipe on the box called for chicken. I have Pork chops. My mind whirled and I cried, "What the heck! I'll use the pork chops!"

I went online and found a recipe for pork chops with the Golden Onion soup mix as the coating. But wait...a small line down at the bottom said, "Also terrific with Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix."

Eureka! My life is complete.

The Recipe:

1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
4 bone-in pork chops, 1 inch thick
1 egg, well beaten

  • Preheat oven to 400°.
  • Combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix with bread crumbs in small bowl.
  • Dip chops in egg, then bread crumb mixture, until evenly coated.
  • Arrange chops on baking sheet. Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until done.

The Verdict:

Me: I had high hopes for this. Those hopes were dashed. If I could do it again (and I can't because there was only one packet in my pantry), I would use TWO packets of the mix and really, really blend those breadcrumbs to practically powder. Otherwise the taste was really good in the ONE chop that soaked up practically all of the soup mix.

Hubby: They got a little dry trying to make sure they were done inside. Keep an eye out for that so they cook through but don't go too far.

2 comments:

50sgal said...

This sounds yummy and rather 50's. I wonder if there was lipton soup mix in 1955? If so, this will be on next weeks meal plan.

Roxanne said...

Well, I remember commercials in the 60s where a little southern girl commented about "Shake and Bake."

She said, "And I helped" but with a twang that would tie your ears together LOL!

Before you make the meal, read my "verdict" above.

Related Posts with Thumbnails