Jan 28, 2009

Week Six: Wednesday (Day 26)

I made Roast Chicken a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to copy and paste the directions here:

The directions I use for roasting a chicken come from a book called "Nourishing Traditions." It's one of the most amazing cookbooks I've ever read. I recommend it highly. They added veggies underneath the rack so that a gravy could be made. I usually don't do that.

The Recipes:

1 whole chicken
3 T unsalted butter, melted
Salt and Pepper
Cayenne
Any other herbs desired

  • Place chicken "face-down" on rack in roasting pan.
  • Brush butter all over back of chicken
  • Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cayenne, other spices.
  • Bake 1 hour at 375 degrees.
  • Insert wooden spoon and turn chicken over (like a spit).
  • Brush with butter and sprinkle seasonings.
  • Bake for another hour at 375.


Succulent, awesome, tasty roasted chicken. And easy, too.

I'm serving this with cole slaw and creamed corn. Since I'm on a diet I'll not eat the creamed corn.

Yes, I'm still on my diet. Yesterday was precarious but y'all talked me off the pizza ledge.

Thank you.

The Verdict:

Me: Always tasty. Slow roasting brings out all sorts of flavors in meats and veggies.

Hubby: WAY better than the pizza I had last night.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails