Jan 7, 2009

Week Three: Wednesday (Day 11)

I've made Beef Pot Pie before (see HERE). By popular demand, I'm making it again tonight. I have to do it differently, however, because I don't have the same ingredients. This week it will look like this:

The Recipe

1 grilled London broil steak 9about the size of my hand), chopped into small pieces
1 small onion, diced
3 T butter
3 T flour
1 C milk
1 cup frozen shredded yellow squash, thawed
1/4 cup frozen shredded red bell pepper, thawed
2 (9-inch) refrigerator pie crusts

  • Bake bottom crust in oven for 7-11 minutes. Do not brown.
  • Melt butter in pan.
  • Saute onion.
  • Add flour to pan.
  • Stir about 1-2 minutes to "cook" flour
  • Add milk (add more if too thick)
  • Add steak
  • Add veggies
  • Pour into prepared crust
  • Place top crust over pie, pierce in several place to let out steam.
  • Bake 20-25 minutes, basically just to bake top crust

Though there ARE veggies in the pot pie, I feel like the servings are mighty small. I'll add the ever-available salad to the menu.

The Verdict:

Me: Even better than before! Definitely a keeper that seems to be adaptable to ingredients on hand. I could save MORE money if I made up a bunch of piecrusts and froze them ahead of time.

Hubby: Wondeful smell when I walked in the house. Excellent flavor. A KEEPER.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails