Feb 27, 2009

Phase 1: Week 2: Analysis

I'm almost finished with this week's decluttering. My final frontier is a stack of filing and the closet (full of office supplies and who knows what else!) in the office.


I think I've figured out why the office is such a bear.

  • Every piece of paper NEEDS a home.
  • Not every piece of paper HAS a home.
  • Not every piece of paper DESERVES a home.
  • Yet, I seem to be saving every piece of paper.

Of course, this is all my husband's fault. I am innocent in this. Yes, yes I am. Here, I'll prove it to you:

Does anyone else have a husband whose handwriting is SO small that you practically need a magnifying glass to see it? I have teased him over the years about this. I've encouraged him with "we can get more paper. Go ahead and use the WHOLE sheet of paper." And, "It's all your fault that I'm going blind and need reading glasses now." But, to no avail.

Since he writes so small, he will tear off the the piece of the paper that he's used. That means literally 100s (I'm guessing here) of little pieces of paper that I've had to somehow keep up with over the last 23+ years.

I've tried to mutiny. I've laid down the law, thrown down the gauntlet and said, "you keep up with these teeny, tiny bits!" His way of keeping up? Throw them in a pile.

My mutiny backfired.

Do YOU find that the paper tries to take over your house? Do you walk with trepidation toward your desk? Do you flinch when you realize that it's time to file?

Or is it just me?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails