Mar 16, 2009

About the kitchen...

I'm in the throes of deciding what memory items to keep and what to toss. What DOES one do with old love letters? How about baby clothes from your OWN baby days? The hair saved from haircuts? Not only my own yearbooks (high school, college, when I was teaching Journalism), but my FIL's yearbooks from HS, College, and Grad school? My brain hurts.

So, I took a break and went to clean my kitchen.

My kitchen is ok. It's small. It's a little bit poorly arranged. It's not too bad, though. I'm certainly grateful for it. In all this decluttering I was pondering whether or not I've arranged it in its most efficient way.

I began hunting around for arrangement ideas and came across this wonderful lady's blog. She had a kitchen arrangement that was less than ideal. Well, she decided to make it work! Below are her posts about each area. Perhaps you might glean a few ideas for your own kitchen. I have 2 or 3 ideas that I'm going to borrow and try.

(I laughed out loud when I came to the picture of her oven and dishwasher doors...)

- The Efficient Cooking Area

- Beverage Center

- Baking Center

- Dealing with Dishes

- Wraps, Containers, Etc.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails