Mar 16, 2009

What a surprise!


Jitterbug at Destination 1940 has given me the "Your Blog is Fabulous" award! What a fun thing to receive! (I want the hat pictured in the button.)

Because I have received, I also have the wonderful opportunity to "give" it, too, as you will see below.




Here are the rules:

  • You must pass it on to 5 other Fabulous bloggers in a post.
  • You must include the person who gave the award to you and a link back to their blog.
  • You must list 5 of your Fabulous Addictions in the post.
  • You must copy and post these rules in the post.
Addictions? Can you say "fabulous" and "addictions" in the same sentence? I'm always thinking that if I'm feeling "addicted" I'd better tone it down some LOL!

Let's see, addictions....

  • Chocolate, of course, is fabulous. Is it a "given" I shouldn't include? Nah. I LOVE chocolate!
  • Sweet tea is another one. I have to restrict myself or I could easily down a gallon in two days. I'm not kidding.
  • My son. I could go on for days about my child. What mama couldn't, right? We had been married 17 years when he finally came along. I barely remember life before him now.
  • Reading. I would read all day if I could. I could happily be a full-time librarian. I go to the library every week. More than one, sometimes. I owe many fees.
  • Sunshine. Oh wait, that one might be a temporary addiction as I haven't SEEN it in quite some time. We got some yesterday and I was like a cat hunting out sunny spots to sit in.

Now it's my turn to pass this fabulous-ness along to five others. I read a LOT of blogs.

Destination 1940 is one of my very favorites as well as My50syear.blogspot.com. There are a couple of others on my sidebar that are favorites. But, for this award I decided that I wanted to mention 5 others that you may or may not have come across, but who are indeed favorite reads of mine:

  • Humble Labor is a wonderful blog for a refreshing read. Not only does she come up with interesting things to post about, she has another blog where she is chronicling the renovation on her 1950s house! Go and visit and enjoy!
  • Farm Home Life is a breath of fresh (country) air! My favorite topics, though, are money management and old-fashioned living. Trixie is an inspiration!
  • This blog is now closed (so she won't know about my award presentation!), but it is GREAT. She is a fount of knowledge regarding natural remedies, etc. She left her blog up for reference purposes and I want to pass it along to others who also might find it useful. It is called Homemaking Naturally.
  • Another blog I love and want to make others aware of is Wardrobe Refashion. It's actually a blog where anyone can commit to a period of refashioning clothing rather than buying new and then posting about it. It's VERY motivating. I've already saved two things I was going to throw out with the intention of seeing if I can give new life to them.
  • Finally I wanted to mention a blog I've recently come across. The lovely lady is full of wisdom from her years of experience. I appreciate wisdom from experience. I'm all for listening to others and LEARNING from them. Her blog is called Modern Retro Woman, but the subtitle really says it all: "How to live like your grandmother in a modern world."

Thank you, Jitterbug. I've enjoyed the chance to share some of my favorites!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails