Jun 29, 2009

Checking in

We're in a McD's in Peru, NY. They have WiFi!

Last night at the campground I got my computer out. Oh, I did some homeschool planning and cleaned up my desktop files a little. I even tried to connect, just to see if they really didn't have Internet connection. They didn't. I quietly shut the lid.

But for now, I'm connected! Hey, y'all!

It started raining last night and is still overcast, so we're going to Lake Placid today. The 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics were held there. It should be really interesting and fun.

I have camped in tents before. I'm really liking our little hybrid. I cranked on the AC last night to get the humidity under control. We breakfasted at our little table area inside. I looked out the window as I was washing the breakfast dishes and saw the tent across the way with everyone huddled under a tarp eating their cereal. I felt gratitude in my heart.

We need to get going, but I decided, just for fun, to put up another poll! Please try to contain your excitement.

4 comments:

Dee said...

I saw your comment on Amanda's blog about how to get rid of the AddThis bookmark in the footer of each post. I figured it out, so I thought I'd share it with you.

To get rid of AddThis bookmark in footer of every post, follow these steps.

1. Sign into Blogger.

2. Click on Edit Layout.

3. Check Expand Widget Templates.

4. Press CTRL-F and type in div class='post-footer. (This will get you close enough to where you need to go.)

5. The problem code is in the subheadings of this div class. Scroll down from where your search leads you. Look for post-footer line 2 or 3 (depending on template). You should see the HTML for the AddThis button. Delete that whole selection of text.

6. Preview to see if it's gone. If satisfied, save your template.

Roxanne said...

Dee--Thank you for coming to my rescue!

I followed your directions, but when I got to the HTML, I couldn't figure out what to delete--from "where" to "where." I made several attempts but it kept saying my parsing was wrong.

Could you look at a block of code and see where I should start and stop deleting?

I will be forever grateful!

Roxanne

Dee said...

Rox, so sorry that my instructions were a bit hard to follow! I admit that I had to recreate the directions from memory, so it might end up a little hard to get.

Do me a favor. Just copy your whole template and send it to me in an e-mail.

dee [dot] hill [dot] zuganelli [at] gmail [dot] com

I'll fix it!

Roxanne said...

Dee--you did it!!

Thank you for taking your time to sort this out for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails