Jul 22, 2009

"Redecorating" on a SMALL scale

We don't have the funds right now to redecorate. I do plan to continue with my "Beautify" phase soon by incorporating low or no-cost options.

Meanwhile, I'm in the mood to redecorate. What should I do? Redecorate my blog, of course!

I typed in "1950s wallpaper" and came up with a background. I uploaded it to Photobucket.com and it created a URL for me. With that URL, I went to a color generator. A color generator (if you're not familiar with it), will pull the colors out of a picture and give you codes. The one I chose is Color Palette Generator. I took a screenshot (click on it to enlarge) of the results for my background picture. Then I took my "swatches," played around with the color settings and now I have something new to look at! I hope you enjoy something new, too.



8 comments:

M said...

Its cute. I like it!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! :)

Packrat said...

I'm confused, but that is normal. The wall paper is cute on your blog page.

Roxanne said...

M & Jeannie--thanks!

Packrat--Oh no! What did I confuse you about? Sometimes I think I'm clear about something and then I find out it was clear as mud LOL!

FarmMom said...

Nice Background! I would like to offer you a free opportunity to buff-up your no-cost decorating skills. How does August sound?

Packrat said...

Roxanne, you probably are clear on this. I just haven't taken the time to study it. Computer stuff isn't something that comes easy to me. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your new look!

Roxanne said...

FarmMom--Sounds good to me. How about arrival on the 2nd?

Packrat--if you're interested in trying something like this, let me know and I'll walk you through it step-by-step. My hope is that it will be on solid ground and NOT mud LOL!

Trixie--thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails