Aug 20, 2009

Clothing Evaluation: Jewelry and Purses

I have a "love-hate" relationship with jewelry. I began writing (complaining) about how jewelry draws the eye to places I'd just as soon keep the eye away from, but realized that I was, well, complaining.

I don't want to complain.

So, I will say that I'm still dealing with wearing jewelry confidently. My solution to that will be to make it a point to wear a piece of jewelry every time I leave the house for the next month.

Purses are another area that I love and hate at the same time. I don't like to carry a purse, practical as it is. I prefer to grab my wallet. It would do me good to make a month's commitment to carry a purse for each outing. Perhaps I would overcome my tendency to be only partially prepared rather than attentive to being "put together."

My definition of "Put Together:"

Hair and makeup complete. All clothing items in good repair and neat, fitting well. Consideration for weather manifested in glove-wearing in the winter, umbrella carrying in rain, etc. Skin cared for (e.g. moisturized, pedicured, manicured, shaven), and all needed items contained in a matching, neat, clean bag. Jewelry tastefully worn. Perfume applied.

There is one thing that I adore: larger bags for carrying books and stuff. I use those for going to church (kid stuff, mints, notebooks to take sermon notes, etc.) and for taking school related items when running errands. I have quite the collection of those. Here are a few of my favorites:

Fake gator handles, jungle lining:

Unsnaps at the top to be as wide as the bottom. It's made of corduroy, so it's my "fall" bag:


My favorite bags:


I have two more bags that are white straw and natural straw...for summer, of course!

This post completes my "Clothing Evaluation" goal. It has been good.

To recap the resulting challenge: My goal for the next month (Until September 19th) is to wear one item of jewelry and carry a fully equipped purse every time I leave the house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh, I love the striped purse!

Usually I go for something so plain and bland because brown or black goes with just about everything but I secretly would love to own something showy.

Recently I picked up a wine coloured bag -- the showiest I've ever owned. lol

Trixie

Roxanne said...

Trixie--purses, big bags actually, are where I'm willing to let a little color show up. I've actually been on the hunt for a wine colored bag. Do you have a pic of yours?

Anonymous said...

I love big tote bag 'purses' so much better than regular ones. I too like the striped one best! Where we are here in Colorado is a paradox of sorts--for the most part, as a whole, Colorado is a very casual laid back place and it shows in our attire! There are those that revel in 'putting on the dog' so to speak and dress up to go anywhere. I'm not in that category and call it good if my jeans are clean and I have shoes on. A small backpack that I wear on my shoulder is my preference for going out for the day. I seldom wear makeup but my hair is clean. I wear earrings and my wedding ring, occasionally my watch or a little bracelet (not both) and that is about it. Anything else just gets in my way. It's funny how different areas of the country have their own 'style'. In Oklahoma, blue jeans pressed with a crease are seen more times than not (you wouldn't want to look tacky now would you?)ha ha But here in Colorado no one would think to do it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails