Aug 10, 2009

Let's talk about hair removal

I was shaving in the shower and many thoughts ran through my mind. Since I know y'all hang on every word that I write about such earth shattering subjects, I wanted to ask a question.

Yes, there will be a poll.

First of all, I want to share a major revelation that I just had: If you shave often, it's easier to shave! Normally, I will shave when I look down and my response to the sight of my legs is one of horror. When I lived in Florida, shaving just naturally happened more often. Not so here Up North. In fact, I'm inclined to believe that the winter growth somehow helps me keep warmer. But, I digress.

Since I am now shaving on a schedule, I know that I don't have to rush around and nick myself a lot when I need to dress quickly to go out. Or just wear pants all the time. My legs are always presentable.

My question stems from the fact that I currently shave every four days. I've been thrilled with the results. BUT, perhaps those whose legs are always lovely shave more often. Or they wax. Or they just have better genetics than I do.

Anyway, please share how often you take care of hair removal. I may be inspired to take it to a whole new level!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I refer to my hairy situation as the mighty jungle! I'm hairy(and it's not blonde!!) but am more so since menopause. I don't shave my legs but maybe twice a week as I'm not out and about much and wear jeans or sweats more often than not. But IF I want to be presentable at all times I must shave them every other day.

And while we're on the subject let me add I use hair conditioner as my 'shaving cream' and get really smooth, close shaves with it. :)

Ann said...

I must shave at least every three days. Every other would be best but that's just too much so I put up with a tiny bit of stubble on the second day. Don't know why the air grows so fast but I wish it wouldn't.

I also use cheap hair conditioner to shave with. One bottle lasts for ever and it really does leave the smoothest finish.

Roxanne said...

I love the conditioner, too. Shaving is SO drying.

Jitterbug said...

I wish I could go four days! We wear cropped pants here year-round so I have to shave nearly every day. Now above the knee, that's a different story. :)

Roxanne said...

Jitterbug--"Up North" I've found I can get away with murder in this department! If it's too easy to let it slide, well, I do!

Packrat said...

Since menopause I have hardly any hair left on my legs. It all moved to my face. Luckily, it is blonde. Back in the day, I shaved my legs at least twice a week if not more, because I swam everyday year around. Thanks for the tip of using conditioner as shaving cream. I'll pass it along to my daughter, granddaughter, and nieces.

Cait said...

I shave every three days or so, and if I don't feel like it (e.g. am lazy) I wear trousers or a long, full skirt. I wear skirts most of the time anyway, so shaving is just more comfortable, and I live in a hot climate year round. My hair is pretty dark and somewhat coarse so it really is nicer just to do it regularly. I use conditioner for best results and loads of lotion after!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails