Oct 27, 2009

A Poll!

It has been a month of Sundays since I last did a poll. This one is about the males in your life.

It has been said that "Men Like Pies." Has that been your experience? Do the men in your life tend more toward pies or cakes?

My husband is a Pie Man. Berry pies, especially. Give him a pie and he is a happy camper. Since I know this about him, I planned to make a blackberry pie upon his return from a week's trip out of state. I got all of the ingredients and was prepared to welcome him home with...PIE! He hovered at my elbow as I pulled it from the oven, fork poised. I reminded him that it was hot, so he backed off a bit. He waited a respectable amount of time and then disappeared into the kitchen. He's just polished off his second piece.

So, what is your experience? Think of all those of the manly persuasion in your life. Are they overwhelmingly Pie Men? Does cake take the cake for them? Is it half and half as long as it appears in front of them with a fork?

Do tell.

8 comments:

Packrat said...

Hmmm, my step-dad, grandpa, my brothers, and husband probably would go for pie over a cake - except for one certain chocolate cake.
SD=berry/fruit
Gramps=cream pies
DH=pecan.
My dad? I really have no idea! Truly, with my grandpa it was anything sweet - especially if it was chocolate. My husband likes anything sweet. I'm obviously not a male, but I generally prefer pie to cake.

Packrat said...

PS: I voted the "either" Now, Roxanne, go to bed. LOL I'm headed that way, too.

Anonymous said...

All the men in my life like BOTH. And, they like them both with ice cream : )

Trixie

Roxanne said...

Trixie--I am a fan of ice cream on the sides of both. I really like it when the pie is warm and makes the ice cream all melty. Mmmmmmmm.

Uh oh. I think I just gained a pound.

Winding Ways said...

My man likes pie. And since he's on a low-sodium diet it is much easier to make a salt-free pie than to do without salt, baking soda and baking powder in a cake.

chocolate and whine said...

I'd have to say cakes. Although, he's not much of a sweet-eater, period. I don't get it.

Roxanne said...

Winding--I agree. Pies are WAY easier to make. My husband doesn't like the sweet, either (the berry pies), so I halve the sugar in the recipe.

Chocolate--What IS up with that? My husband can walk away from sweets, too. I'm not sure that's quite human.

HappyMom said...

Cream pies are my hubby's favorite. Coconut Cream and Banana Cream. They rank right up there with Cheesecake, which is hard to categorize. Is it a cake or is it a pie? Either way it's tasty!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails