It could be just me, I know.
When I am trying to go to sleep at night, or when I'm doing something that doesn't engage my mind (like ironing, which I just finished doing), my mind wanders from one topic to another at amazing speed.
Not only does my mind jump between topics quickly, but the topics themselves are rather...well, random. I decided to be aware of my thought process about halfway through the ironing. I'd already gone through ten thoughts. I figured I would share them with you because they're just kind of bizarre. You're welcome.
- "I have seven shirts to iron. Will the amount of water in the iron hold out for all seven?"
- "I like my over-the-door ironing board. It was such a good choice!" (I say this to myself EVERY time I iron.)
- "It's pretty dark outside. I wonder if it's going to snow?"
- "I'm keeping the heat low, but I'm STILL warmer than kings used to be in those big, drafty castles!"
- "I just read that some kings used a whipping boy in place of disciplining the princes themselves when they misbehaved. I wonder if it was really a boy or a man?"
- "I wonder if the whipping boy/man made it a point to do bad things himself since he was going to get disciplined anyway?"
- "Wow. That would have to be one of those worst jobs."
- "Worst jobs. What would I consider my worst job?"
- "Define worst."
- "I kind of like all my jobs. At least, I don't really mind any of them."
Do you see what I mean? Bizarre.
When you're doing non-mind-challenging work today, tune in and listen to where your thoughts lead. Please tell me they're as bizarre as mine!