Feb 3, 2010

To Sell or Not to Sell: Still waiting and Option 4

The realtor came LAST Tuesday. He has not gotten back with us yet regarding what we're looking at, number-wise, to sell this house. Once we have those figures, then we'll know what direction to take.

  • If he thinks the amount we could sell the house for (minus the realtor fee, minus the amount of money that it would take to get it ready for sale) is considerable, then we'll begin the process of getting things ready for sale.
  • If it's not a decent amount of money, then we won't.

If it's the second option then I'm ready to formulate a plan to reduce our debt as fast as possible.

If it's the first option, then we've got some major work to do!

Either way, I'd just like to know.

I mentioned in my last post about "Option Four." Here it is in a nutshell:

Our IDEAL situation would be to find a piece of land to purchase where we could park the camper for the spring/summer/fall. During that time we would sell the house and use the profit to build a 2-car garage with an apartment at the top. We would live in that apartment and build our house as funds become available, thereby building debt-free. It would not be a large house, but we would use plans that would allow additions. That would enable the next owner to easily increase the house size if desired.

IF our ideal were to actually work, we would own property and a house, live within our means, and no longer be in debt. At all.

A girl can dream.


Rini said...

That sounds like a MARVELOUS plan, and I hope it works out for you. Frankly, I think if I were in your shoes, I would make it work, whether that comes by selling the house now or waiting to get rid of the debt first and then using the full income from the house to start building.

But that's just me. :)

Packrat said...

Okay, that sounds like a plan. But, can you get a little bigger trailer (with heat) without costing you a fortune? Springs and falls can be mighty chilly.

Roxanne said...

Rini--I think we are fully dedicated to making that happen. It may take longer than we'd like, but we're both ready to be radical and ruthless to ready ourselves to be in that position.

Packrat--I'm a little nervous about the tiny square footage, but I have some thoughts about that. I'll probably do a "What if" post on living in the camper just to organize my thoughts.

Believe it or not, that little bitty camper has heat AND air conditioning! We were pretty amazed to see that! We've camped in May and September and had to use the heat. It works pretty well.

Hmmm. I think I WILL do a "pondering post" on the camper potential!

Packrat said...

Roxanne - sending you an email. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails