Mar 8, 2010

Days of Homekeeping: The Challenge

My last post linked to another site that described how women in the past interpreted this poem:

Monday: Wash Day
Tuesday: Ironing Day
Wednesday: Sewing Day
Thursday: Market Day
Friday: Cleaning Day
Saturday: Baking Day
Sunday: Day of Rest

I decided to challenge myself to give MY interpretation. I'm even going to break it down into seven separate posts. It's so very important that I do this as it's good to get a modern woman's take on making the week happen.

Of course, it may not be enlightening. It may be old hat to you. But, it may also be new hat to someone. Whatever hat it is, I'm going to do it anyway because, well, because it looked like fun!

I'll do my best to give my "spin" on Wash Day, "iron out" my ideas about Ironing Day, "piece together" some thoughts about Sewing Day, "compare" useful tips about Market Day, "clear the dust" on what I know about Cleaning Day, "proof" some ideas for Baking Day, and then attempt to define "rest."

Did you like that? I was clever, wasn't I? No? (Oh, you did too like it! Admit it.) Well, anyway, I'm excited about the prospect!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

you totally made me laugh!

FarmMom said...

Very Clever! I'm excited about your mini-series! Biscuit and I are studying together!!

Packrat said...

Cute! Can't wait!

Unknown said...

Looking forward to hearing all about it : )

Jena Webber said...

Yes, I like the high brow take on Wash day etc. Good job.

Mrs Tailleur said...

Such wit and wisdom . Looking forward to it!

Roxanne said...

Ladies, ladies--I'm flattered that you're looking forward to this series.

I expect you ALL to take notes. I'm sure that my level of wisdom will be a bit daunting at first, but persevere.

Seriously--I want y'all to share, too. We ALL have to do those chores. I want to share what I do, but I'm up for poking some fun at it, too.

You'll find I'm rather serious about Washday. It's a passion of mine.

Ironing Day--not so much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails