May 24, 2010

I'm home.

What a surreal week this has been. I'm trying to re-enter my own world, but it's quite an effort.

My MIL's death was and wasn't a surprise. My mind is whirling with revelations and memories, expectations and situations. The drama of it all is a bit emotionally draining. Therefore, it's nice to be back in my "haven" with my family.

I'm going to attempt to get things back on schedule in the next couple of days. The laundry alone is rather frightening! There is practically no food in the house. I finally found the floor under all the suitcases and photos, etc. that we hauled back. Not surprisingly, the floor is in desperate need of vacuuming! After that, I intend to get back to posting regularly. I don't know how many read my blog, but posting on it is a creative outlet for me!

Oh, we did make it a point to spend one day at the ocean before we got on the plane. We didn't know if we'd get a chance to do that, but it worked out for us to do so. It was worth it. We needed to connect as our own family again after all of that.

(I also connected with a healthy amount of the local food choices. Sonic and Chick-fil-a were my friends. We've parted ways now. Water is my new friend!)

7 comments:

Dr. Julie-Ann said...

Thank you for checking in with us. I was *just* about to send you a "how are you doing, kiddo?" note when I saw your post.

I totally "get" the need to reconnect as a family and with your routines.

Hang in there. Your reader-friends are thinking about and praying for you.

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I am just now catching up with what happened. Thinking of you and praying for your family....

Lorie B said...

I am thankful you are home safe. I know what you mean about reconnecting. It seems like you are waking up from a dream after something that emotional along with the travel. Getting back into your regular routine is a wonderful idea. It will help you all move forward.

Packrat said...

What everyone else has said. Can't say it better. Prayers and hugs. Will try to send an email.

Roxanne said...

Dr. Julie-Ann--Thank you so much for your prayers and for wanting to check in with me! I'm eager to just get back to "normal."

Tessa--Thank you for your prayers as well. It was sudden, but certainly not unexpected. Just very, very sad.

Lorie--Exactly. We honored her and spent time with the extended family, but my priority is back to us now.

Packrat--Thank you. I'm off to check my email!

Unknown said...

Connecting with family is so important. I am glad you got a chance to do that at the beach...and sonic!

Roxanne said...

Lexi--I connected with my family. I also connected with Chick-Fil-A, BBQ, and banana pudding as well as two trips to Sonic.

I should have stuck with connecting with JUST the family...

Related Posts with Thumbnails