Dec 26, 2010

I am TOO a woman! (stomps foot)

I trust everyone had a lovely Christmas. Ours was very enjoyable. The entire season has been fun, what with all the decorations and songs and presents, etc.

Well, it was delightful--emphasis on WAS. Tomorrow the decorations are coming down! I'm ready to get on with the new. The new year, the new school semester, the new resolutions.

On to the meaning of my post title:

Tonight I came across something that I found quite disturbing. According to a certain website, I am a man. Well, it identifies my WRITING as that of a man. The site is called, The Gender Genie. You put in a sample of your writing and it analyzes it. I tried it THREE different times. Each time it announced that my writing was identified as being that of a male. I demand an analysis of the analysis!

So, for your own entertainment, here's the website address: The Gender Genie

Please let me know your results. If everyone else is identified correctly then I need to learn a new style!

(ACK!!! Even THIS post came up as male!)

10 comments:

Packrat said...

The instructions say that the genie works best with 500 words or more. I could only come up with 250 words. But, guess what? I'm a male, too. Rotten thing. lol

Glad you had a nice Christmas. We went to our daughter's house for the day. The people were friendly and fun. The food was wonderful. The roads were dry, and there wasn't much traffic. Pretty good day.

HappyMom said...

I couldn't find anything lengthy that I had written, so I submitted one of my blog posts. It showed up female, but the numbers were fairly close. We are also taking down the decorations today. I can't wait to get started on prepping for the new year as well!!

Amanda said...

It told me I'm a male, too, LOL.

Unknown said...

HUMPH! I agree that the analysis needs analysis! I am stomping my foot too!

Are you really de-cristmafying already? I am waiting until the weekend.

Anonymous said...

I came up as a female... Sorry that yours was a male. It is a silly thing to me really. I am not sure how legit this really is.

Roxanne said...

Hee, hee! I'm not the only one.

I would say that this little online toy needs some work. I even tried to fool it by writing some nonsense that used all the "female" words--and came up male.

I wonder who put this thing together? They need to go back to the drawing board.

It was fun to do, though!

Lorie B said...

I tried it as well. Male. Stupid thing.

I am getting ready to de-Christmas my house as well. I feel like my house looks so cluttered after Chirstmas is over. The purpose has passed, so I want the decorations gone. I know, not very sentimental of me, haha.

I hope you all have a very Happy New Year.

Roxanne said...

LoriB--That's my sentiments exactly re: Christmas decorations.

I started the day after Thanksgiving, played Christmas songs ALL day, enjoyed every ounce of Christmas-type goodies (which will now have to be dealt with!), and it is just over!

weenie_elise said...

i tried with a blog post - it came up male.

then I used a good chunk of my nanowrimo fiction and that came up female

then I used my dissertation and I came out as male.

my working theory is that when describing something or assessing or commentating, more "masculine" words are used than when I write fiction.

p.s. - even this response got a male score

Roxanne said...

Weenie Elise--I think you're right.

I actually found the website when someone tried to use it to suggest that someone's wife had posted something attributed to the husband. The writing came out female even though his name was on it.

I decided to test it, and with everyone else's results as well, it just doesn't prove trustworthy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails