Jan 8, 2011

I haven't disappeared!



I'm here. I just haven't taken the time to post anything, though ideas have been rolling around in my mind.

It's 2011 now. Unbelievable.

Right now, though, there's a whole new year ahead of me and I want to make it one that will have as few regrets as possible. With that in mind, I have made up my resolution list. I actually expect some of them to come to fruition! I thought I'd post them for posterity (and as a reminder to me).

The following items, I feel, are reasonable. I really should be able to accomplish them. Some are more challenging than others, but I CAN do these!



  1. Lose this friggin weight already! (I've gotten off to a good start. I've lost five pounds so far, and it seems that my mindset is less rooted in the emotional reasons I overeat and more in the "I'm really, really tired of how this weight is affecting me!") This one I intend to see through. It has become my top priority.

  2. Plan for, prepare well, and actually have a real vegetable garden.

  3. Adjust my schedule (which I have and will share in a later post) to make the three areas of my responsibilities run more efficiently: Homemaking, Homeschooling, and Business/Home Bookkeeping.

  4. Make a HUGE dent in the debt this year by every means I can find.

  5. Cherish my family more. My husband and my child deserve that.

  6. Make it a point to pay attention to My Chassis again. It's not up on blocks, but it's close! (See the button at the top of my page for explanation.)

  7. Use my handy, dandy tool of accountability (my blog) to report my progress. I think I'll call it, "Resolution Tuesday." I know, it doesn't alliterate, but Tuesday just seemed like a good reporting day!

Are any of you making some resolutions that you are determined won't fall by the wayside?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the 5lbs!

A couple of my goals for this year is to get our home better organized and for us to start saving to build a pole barn.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the 5lbs!

A couple of my goals for this year is to get our home better organized and for us to start saving to build a pole barn.

Unknown said...

I like your list! I have a lot of those too...just not the veggie garden one. I just know me...LOL.

Roxanne said...

Trixie--Thanks and thanks LOL!

Lexi--I figured my list was pretty common. That just shows how important they are!

HappyMom said...

I love that you posted your list. I was just thinking about the chassis management series you did as I was looking at my hair that needs to be colored. It will be nice to be inspired to get back "in the groove!" I think I will make some goals myself. Congrats on loosing 5 lbs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails