Jan 11, 2011

Resolution Tuesday


As I posted HERE, I am going to "report in" on my resolution progress for the next 51 weeks. I had six areas (the seventh was doing this reporting) that I wanted to pay attention to this year. Posting about it keeps me accountable, which I find very helpful. I hope you don't mind!

Area 1: Weight

As of this morning's weigh-in, I've lost five pounds since starting on 1/3/11. I've been at the same weight for 3 days now, but still eating on plan. I should (better!) see more loss soon.

Area 2: Family

This week I'm making it a point to SMILE more. I find that I just don't. I'm preoccupied or trying to get something done. That's just not a good enough reason not to allow my face to show my family that I love them!

Area 3: Schedule

I started my new schedule yesterday. If it seems to be useful and accomplishes what I want, I'll do a separate post about. Suffice it to say that I WILL find a way to maintain my three major areas of responsibility (Homekeeping, Homeschooling, and Business/Home finances) in their most efficient and productive way--one way or another!

Area 4: Chassis maintenance

According to My Plan HERE, I am going to schedule a pedicure (Christmas present!) for next week, and make it a point to moisturize ALL over when I get out of the shower.

Area 5: Debt

I'm doing an evaluation during my paperwork time this week. Once I see the "lay of the land," I'll post my goals/accomplishments.

Area 6: Vegetable garden

Since we have six inches of snow on the ground right now, I can't do anything in the physical garden right now. BUT, I've got a plan! (You knew that, didn't you?) I have sketched what we hope to do with the entire front and back yards over the next five years. This year, though, we're doing just the veggie garden.

We have .75 acres that have been begging us to DO something with them since we bought the house 10 years ago. I'll probably do a separate post about this as I'm pretty excited about turning our property into something that actually contributes to our household rather than just sucking money out in property taxes!

I bless you to accomplish your own resolutions!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like your resolution to smile more. I found myself consciously smiling as I read it...because often, I find myself unconsciously NOT smiling.

Keep up the good work on all areas! (Kind of nice to know you can ignore #6 for a while...but not forever!)

K Quinn said...

Woo hoo! Those are all great! I don't really make resolutions but I do have plans for many of those same areas. Oh please post about your garden. I'm getting ready to plan ours. I'm steering away from trying so many different things and focusing on the stuff we really DO eat!
And on the smile. One day my daughter looked at me in awe and said to her father, "Mommy is smiling!". I knew I needed to smile and laugh more. I've been trying.
Post all it's great stuff.

Roxanne said...

Rebecca and K Quinn--That one (about smiling) really struck me as well. So simple, but I think it is probably VERY important.

K Quinn--Wow, straight to the heart!

I'm very excited about the garden. I'm going to try to plant the easiest (and most preferred) ones first, but my husband gets the garden fever and wants to plant the north 40 with everyone known variety LOL!

Unknown said...

Good job on your weight!!!
When I don't smile, my son asks why I have my "angry eyes on." That makes me smile WAY more often. I don't WANT angry eyes!!!

Roxanne said...

Lexi--This is turning out to be a very interesting observation. Is it the responsibility of adulthood that causes us to smile less?

It's time to bring back true joy within ourselves.

Related Posts with Thumbnails