Feb 17, 2017

Hello from Roxanne at Haven of Home!

Image Source
I don't know if anyone who used to follow my blog "Haven of Home" is still receiving any notifications, but I thought I'd throw this out there!

The last time I posted was August of 2012.  FIVE YEARS AGO.  So much has happened since then (of course).  Two major things have happened in my life during this hiatus:

~ My son became a teenager (almost 15 and a good six inches taller than I am!).
~ My younger sister died on April 1, 2015 from colon/liver cancer, which was diagnosed in August of 2012.

A few days ago I was wandering around on the Haven of Home blog because I was trying to find a link that I had posted about.  As I read a post here and there, I started to feel like I wanted to blog again.  I loved getting to talk about all the aspects of homemaking.  I loved connecting with like-minded women.  I think I might be ready.

I discovered that several of the links are now broken, and some of my threads got dropped in the
middle when I quit blogging to help my sister.  So, I think I just need to start fresh.  I may transport some of my posts, or maybe I won't.

Either way, my passions are still homemaking with a love of mid-century style, homeschooling, and taking care of my high school sweetheart as we get ready to celebrate our 32nd anniversary in August.

So, if you get this note and want to drop by and say "hi", please do!  I'd like to catch up on what you've been doing for the last five years, too!

Roxanne

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! We have a lot of interests in common. I also have a fascination with vintage sewing and cooking! I would love to follow your blog if you start up again.

Packrat said...

Hi! Finally looked at my blog today and saw that you posted a few months ago. Sorry to hear about your sister. Also, very hard to realize that your son is a teenager! WOW! Miss the blogging days. Facebook is okay, but there is something special about blogs. HUGS Cindy

Kemi said...

Roxanne are you still out there?!! Hi friend. Missed your lovely blog posts.

Roxanne said...

Packrat and Kemi,

I tried reaching you through the emails that I had but was unsuccessful.

I'd love to catch up!

Could you email me directly at havenofhome at gmail dot com?

Packrat said...

Not sure if above comment is spam or not. I have the same email address - offkey... Have been thinking about you. Hope all is well. Looking forward to hearing from you. C.

Related Posts with Thumbnails