Dec 30, 2008

Week Two: Tuesday (Day 5)

Potato soup is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. I've been hoarding my supply of white potatoes JUST to make this. Perhaps the anticipation will make it even tastier. I'll serve it with salad.

The Recipe:

9 cubed potatoes
Butter
Lg. Onion, chopped

Shredded carrots (optional)
2 C broth
1 C milk
2 T salt
3 C Shredded Cheese
(swiss, gruyere, sharp cheddar are best)
Tobasco or other hot sauce to taste

  • Cover potatoes with water and cook.
  • Saute butter and onion (and optional carrots).
  • Add broth to onions.
  • Remove potatoes from heat and add broth, milk, and salt to cooked, undrained, potatoes.
  • Mash in pot. Stir in cheese.
I COULD add some crumbled bacon to the top, but I think I'll hoard that for another meal!




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails