Mar 25, 2009

Phase 2: Week 1--Den

It is a sunny day today! We've heard rumors that we may get as high as 50 degrees. I never thought I'd see the day where a high of 50 degrees would bring delight. Having grown up in Florida, we used to puzzle about the "snow birds" running around in shorts when it was a chilly 60 degrees. All the Floridians were wearing coats.

Well, I understand now.

Anyway, I completed the spring clean for the den. My pictures are all strange because of the sunshine. It's a small room, but it is our "entertainment" area, so it has books, games, videos, homeschool books (not pictured), etc., so it's a little crowded. Just a little. I've already decluttered down to the things we are going to keep. We used have about EIGHT times that many books!

Yes, that's a greenhouse. Normally a wing chair goes there (it's currently in the basement). I thought I'd try growing plants for transplant. I have a black thumb. I don't think it's going to happen. The trays are empty because I have them in direct sunshine in the "Club Room." It's been a week now. The dirt looks nice and healthy.

To the left of the lonely greenhouse is the little gas stove. I deliberately put the TV in the opposite corner so that the couch could face BOTH areas. I don't want everything pointed at the TV. As you can see, I need some more decorating "oomph" in that corner.


The couch is covered in the curtains that USED to hang at windows. I did the "upholstery." The blue material on the footstools and in the curtains have little cream stars on them. The wall color I love. It's a buttery, colonial cream that my husband tinted (he's a professional paint contractor).

This room took 33 minutes. Tomorrow, the office!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing such a great job! Can I hire you to do mine? LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails