Apr 13, 2009

The future?

I'm not going to start a new project this week. I'm going to take this time to finish my taxes (they ARE due on Wed. after all), revamp our finances, plan the next homeschool year, and decide what's next for this blog.

I request your advice.

I was planning on posting about my "beautify" phase of decluttering and cleaning. I was planning on doing one area a week. I could report on that area in one post a week.

What about the other days? Do I have anything of interest to post about that would cause you to want to read my blog? I have some ideas that I'll list below, but I would LOVE if you would comment and bring up a topic that interests you that would be helpful for me to blog about.

Here are the topics that I was considering posting about because I'm planning on doing them:

  • Setting up our finances on a cash/check system and essentially doing away with credit card use.
  • Decorating without buying anything new. (This would mean re-purposing already owned items, finding free items, and utilizing yard sales and thrift shops.)
  • Sewing one project a month.
  • Teaching myself to garden.
  • Losing weight. (I've already got a separate blog for that one, but I might post about it some here as well.)
  • My thoughts on building a strong marriage. (I've been married for 24 years and we dated for 5 years before that. Our relationship gets better every year, but it's a continuous learning process.)
  • Homeschooling. (The blog I have for homeschooling is primarily a "Brag Blog" for the grandmothers and other relatives to read. I don't offer much beyond, "See what J did and here are some pictures!)

What else? Perhaps you're in the midst of something right now that sharing and blogging about it would improve your commitment or your learning curve.

I'm a researcher. I love to do the legwork and then present the results. If I can be of help to you, I would be thrilled.

I would also have the opportunity to learn something new that brings benefit to my family's life! My primary responsibility is to make my home a haven for me and for my family. I do other things, too, but that is my first focus.

So, please, let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like all your planned topics.

I'm especially interested in setting up a cleaning plan, like for daily and weekly, ect.

Do you have a plan you could post?

Elizabeth
Mama2three@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I vote for all of your topics! The wisdom of a couple married for over 20 years is always welcomed in our house. Can't wait to hear what you have to say!

Trixie

Roxanne said...

I love how blogging gives opportunity to learn from one another. I have learned quite a bit from other people's blogs.

Yours, Trixie, is one of the best!

Related Posts with Thumbnails