Oct 3, 2009

We're moving!

Oh, September has been a bear of a month thanks to all kinds of personal stuff. I can't believe how difficult it has been to post. At first I didn't have time. Then I started feeling like I didn't have anything to talk about. Then, I was convinced that I'd NEVER have anything to talk about again! I even "lost" a reader.

But, not to worry. I have found my "voice" again.

Today (Saturday) we decided to start the process of getting ready for winter. My husband was out of work for nearly four months last winter. We compensated by cooking out of my pantry (see HERE for a log of that experience), and setting the thermostat to 58, among other things.

I was so stinkin' cold I thought I my blood would ice over. I hated it! I've decide that, as God is my witness, I will never be cold again! (Name that movie!)

So, I came up with a plan. Just in case we hit another major downturn in my husband's work, we are moving to the basement. The wood stove is down there. Before you picture concrete floors and hordes of spiders, it's a finished basement and is equipped with all sorts of creature comforts. We'll close up the upstairs (except for the shower) and live on the lower levels. And I will be warm. (The spiders will be, too.)

I'll post more about that when I've finished rearranging things. I'm nearly done, so I'll go out on a limb and say MONDAY I'll do a post about going "down under" to live for the winter. I'll also get the pics up of the repaint of my living/dining/kitchen area, soon. I just keep forgetting to get a picture of the kitchen when it's daytime and clean at the same time!

I'm back. Did you miss me?

4 comments:

Packrat said...

I've been "gone", too. But yes, I did miss you. I've missed all my blogging "buddies" and some blogs that I was reading. (The break also gave me an idea of the ones I can do without. Yours is a keeper.)

Moving to the warm basement is a great idea. What a way to save on heating bills! It will take a little while, but as you live in the basement you will get fewer and fewer spiders.

Can't wait to see pictures. Oh, please give a hint on the movie line. I should know, but am drawing a complete blank.

Roxanne said...

Packrat--I'm honored that you consider my blog a "keeper." Thank you!

I hope the spider population dwindles. Or at least that they keep to themselves!

Hint on the movie: 1936 with Clark Gable.

Roxanne said...

BTW, the actual quote in the movie is:

"As God is my witness, I'll never be (or go?) hungry again!" I just plagarized it and changed it up a bit...

Packrat said...

Well, no wonder. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails