Dec 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Christmas 2009 has arrived!

Blessings to you as you gather with your loved ones and may 2010 bring you much joy and happiness.

Now, I want to talk about something highly important: Christmas tree choice.

When I was growing up, we had an . . . Aluminum Tree! It was the coolest thing ever. There was a wheel with different colors on it that revolved and the silver tones of the tree would change colors. It was awesome.

When we moved north 12 years ago, we discovered that most folks up here are purists. They like to trudge through the snow, choose a live tree, chop it, haul it, set it up, and vacuum up the mess after it dies.

While we don't have an aluminum tree, we do have a 15 yo fake spruce tree. It looks pretty close to the real thing, but I find that I've begun to hanker for an aluminum tree again.

Husband is not on board with this hanker.

So, as a fun little poll, I though I'd see if anyone else wants to go beyond the fake to the super-duper aluminum fake.

IF you could have any tree you want with no one else's opinion involved, what type of tree would you choose? See the sidebar to vote!

11 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, I remember when Christmas trees used to look like that and have that light rotating on them! Merry Christmas, Roxanne!

Roxanne said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, Civilla.

Were you one of the blessed ones with this kind of tree?

We should start a club...

Packrat said...

We had one just like this - color wheel and all. One year we had red bulbs, another gold, another blue. Each year my two aunts and my mom would trade the bulbs.

Roxanne said...

Packrat--We had those spun thread covered ornaments, which were pretty until they began to catch on everything an unravel!

The important question is: what was your tree vote? Was it the aluminum one???

Packrat said...

Roxanne - I voted for a fresh tree - just because they smell so good and are such a challenge to decorate. LOL We've had an artificial tree for a few years. It's beginning to look kind of tattered and shop worn. It would be fun to have an aluminum tree for a conversation piece, but I like all the different ornaments and colored lights and tinsel on a green tree.

Roxanne said...

Ahhhh, tinsel. My husband isn't on board for that, either.

I LOVE how it feels when you open up the pack and run it across the back of your hand. It's so shiny and smooth!

I don't think I should put tinsel on my fantasy aluminum tree, though. I think that might cross the line of tacky, especially since I'm dangerously NEAR that line...

Packrat said...

Do you know that one of my husband and my first arguments was over putting tinsel on the Christmas tree? He doesn't like it, either. I think it is because his dad refused to have it on the tree when my husband was growing up. MEN!

Roxanne said...

Tinsel on the Christmas tree and nails in the walls LOL!

Donna B said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. But I am sorry, a tree has to be green. ;)

Thanks for stopping by my Zoo. :)

Roxanne said...

DonnaB--Tree=green, eh? That's how the folks around here feel, too. Purists.

Roxanne said...

I am open to any and all vintage blogs!! Thanks for the tip and link--I'll check them out.

I enjoyed your blog, too, and am checking out your favorites!

Related Posts with Thumbnails