Jan 19, 2010

Gingerbread: The Final Result


Not everyone can manage to get three posts out of the topic of gingerbread. I knew that I needed to meet this challenge. It was critical.
The picture at right is not mine. It looks like mine, so I used it. (Husband left the camera at work.)
In the original recipe (HERE), they had the square of gingerbread topped with some cream cheese and then ladled the lemon sauce on top of that. I skipped the middle man and melted two tablespoons of cream cheese IN the lemon sauce. I compensated for the addition by using a tablespoon rather than a teaspoon of lemon juice.
Oh my. It definitely was tasty.
Lemon anything is divine. Add the pungency of gingerbread and you have a bit of a masterpiece!

2 comments:

Packrat said...

Great idea to melt the cream cheese in the sauce! Sounds wonderful. Just might have to make this...

Roxanne said...

You will NOT regret it. It's definitely a keeper in my recipe collection!

Related Posts with Thumbnails