Jan 2, 2010

The Smell of Gingerbread

I've been fiddling around with my blog design (don't visit yet--it's not done).  I wanted more room to write (and make the font bigger so I can READ it), and the sidebars were starting to look cluttered.  You know how I feel about clutter. 

I also wanted a really cool mid-century picture to put in the header.  I got out my 50s magazines to search for a pic (didn't find one), but I did come across this ad for Ginger Cake Desserts.  (Click to enlarge.) 





I'm not a fan of cake.  Without frosting and side of ice cream, cake really doesn't do anything for me.  Gingerbread is good, though.  It has that spicy flavor.  I've had gingerbread and I've had gingerbread cookies.  Did you know that you could do MORE with gingerbread? 

Gingerbread is one of those flavors that has been around for centuries.  I think it has fallen out of favor in our current societal tastebuds.  I say we give it another try.  There are six recipes to choose from.  If you end up making one, please comment and let me know what you thought.

I'm having trouble deciding which one to try first: Nuts and brown suger?  Cranberries?  Orange?  Lemon?  Fruit? 

Darn.  I gained another pound.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you make me laugh, Roxanne! The only way cake should be eaten is with icing and ice cream -- otherwise it is NOT cake : )

Trixie

Packrat said...

LOL But, you don't have to sell me on gingerbread. I love it, and it is so easy to make.

Roxanne said...

Trixie--EXACTLY!

Packrat--I'm planning on making the last one with the lemon sauce this week. I wanted to make it tonight, but decided to head home after lunch instead of going to the grocery store.

That would be because the snow would NOT stop falling (as you can see from the pics I put up today!).

Related Posts with Thumbnails