Jan 4, 2010

The New Blog Look, Unveiled

If you get a moment, come and check out my new blog design.

I liked my old design but it was beginning to feel cluttered. I don't like clutter. Clutter is the enemy! (OK, I'll get off of my soapbox and lower my fist.)

My favorite posts/subjects are listed across the top as a navigation bar. Click on them and you can still see my "Sew-Free Reupholstery" directions and my Gem of a Cookbook--the 1955 one, and several others.

I wanted to make the font bigger for the posts. Once I got past "a certain age," my eyes have decided that blurring the print was their new favorite thing to do. I don't like to struggle to read, especially considering how much I read.

The background may change, but right now I'm liking the clean white freshness.

The house in the header is a picture of a 1955 house plan. Notice their yard is green. Mine is not.

I hope you enjoy the new look. I think I'm going to like it.

6 comments:

Packrat said...

Roxanne - so clean. Love it! How much more snow did you get?

EB said...

I love the new layout! And that house from 1955 is super-dreamy.

I'm looking forward to lots of January blog posts!

Emily

Donna B said...

Love the new layout! The 1955 house is my dream house. And by the way green lawns are over rated!

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Oh yes. I love the new look. Very retro but also clean and fresh. I likey!

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Roxanne said...

Packrat--we ended up with 24"! I just saw on the news tonight that we're in for more in the next few days. My house is about to get shorter...

Humble--I'm so glad you're back in blogland!

I hope I can think up enough interesting posts for January. All I can do is try to do my best.

Donna--Isn't the house great? I've been poring over floor plan designs because we want to eventually build a SMALL house. The 50s provided some nice layouts that weren't HUGE.

Evidently (from the weather report) I won't be seeing green lawn for quite a long time...

Roxanne said...

Glamorous--"Retro," "Clean," and "Fresh!" EXACTLY what I was trying for!

Related Posts with Thumbnails