Aug 6, 2010

The end of the fast

Including today, I have three days left of eating according to the Daniel Fast guidelines. (Read HERE for what I'm talking about.)

It has been a great kick-in-the-pants to get me moving in the right direction. The BIGGEST issue I knew I'd be dealing with is the detox symptoms I'd experience when I stopped the caffeine and sugar.

Let's just say that, at one point, I thought I was going to die. I survived.

When you stop putting bad foods and chemicals into your body and begin to put in lots of healthy things, your body is eager to keep having the good stuff. It starts pushing out the bad stuff. That is a bit painful, to say the least! That was the first three days.

On Day 4, I suddenly felt a LOT better. My husband was glad. He said I had been walking around and acting like an old, decrepit person.

I'm now at Day 18. I've not had ANY heartburn at all. I normally wake up in the middle of the night with searing pain. I've lost 8 pounds and don't feel all bloated. I've learned some new recipes and am getting used to all the prep and cooking. Doing this fast as part of a group and having my husband do it as well made it much easier for me to stick to it.

I'm planning on moving to an eating plan that I've used and been successful with before: Fat Flush. I've been wanting to do this for three years now. I lost 23 pounds and felt fantastic when I did it before. What held me back was knowing I'd have to suffer at the beginning. Well, that's past now!

I have arrived at a place where I'm more willing to "eat to live" rather than "live to eat."

9 comments:

HappyMom said...

I agree totally!! Even though we only did the 10 day, we have made big changes. I have more veggies in my fridge than ever before. I've lost 7 pounds so far. Two after the fast was over. It's all about choices. I'm glad we got a "kickstart" in the right direction.

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! I used to go to a church that did a Daniel fast for all of January and after a couple of weeks you could tell the people that were doing it right off by how radient and healthy they looked.

Roxanne said...

HappyMom--That's great news!

Trixie--Did you participate in the Daniel Fast? Did you keep any of the recipes and/or habits that you developed during that month?

Packrat said...

Huh ... I thought I left a comment the other day.

Congratulations!

Roxanne said...

Packrat--Blogger has been known to eat comments!

As of this comment, we have about 15 hours before we can eat eggs! Woo hoo!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Roxanne for you weight loss.

I'm sure this time you'll succeed, you are on the right way!

Have a nice day!

Roxanne said...

Eef--Thank you. I really intend to continue this momentum.

I'm down 11 pounds, but I suspect an increase of a pound or two now that I've added meat back in.

I will increase the exercise a bit and, hopefully, the pounds will continue to come off!

karen said...

well done to you, would you be able to put up the food you did eat thanks

Roxanne said...

Our Family Madness--I went to your blog and posted two sites where I got most of our recipes for the Daniel Fast. They are VERY inspiring!

I didn't know how often you checked your blog, so I'm giving you a "heads up" here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails