Sep 9, 2010

Batch Cooking Recipes: Ground Beef

In my LAST POST I showed the results of batch cooking my 18 pounds of ground beef. Below are the recipes I used:

BBQ Hamburgers (My husband's recipe):

6 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 large vidalia onions, chopped
6 T Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup smoked BBQ sauce
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
6 eggs

Mix. Press into patties. Freeze at this point. Fry, bake, or grill when ready to eat.

(Note: "Regular Hamburgers" on my list in the last post means I ran out of the BBQ sauce. I used two pounds to make the six burgers.)

Ground Beef Mix

6 pounds ground beef
1 large vidalia onion, chopped
1 T minced garlic
8 ounces tomato paste
16 ounces diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt

Using a LARGE pot, cook beef, onion, and garlic together until done. Add tomatoes and salt and stir. Freeze in 2 1/2 cup portions (approximately 1 pound) in ziploc bags.

When ready to use, just add to different ground beef recipes (eg chili, tacos, add rice and beans, etc.)

Nourishing Traditions Meat Loaf

4 pounds ground beef
1 large vidalia onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 stick butter
1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
2 tsp. sea salt
3 cups bread crumbs
2 cups whole milk (recipe calls for cream)
2 eggs
Tomato sauce, tomato paste, or ketchup

Saute onions, carrots, and celery in butter until soft. Add chili flakes and salt and remove from stove.

Soak bread crumbs in cream/milk.

Mix meat with sauteed vegetables, soaked bread, and eggs. Using two 9 x 13 pans (I had only one--the other pan is slightly smaller) lined with waxed paper, form into flat, rectangular loaves leaving about 1 inch of space all around.

Ice with tomato sauce. Freeze at this point. When frozen, remove from pans and wrap or put into ziploc bags.

When ready to cook, grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Set frozen meatloaf (minus the waxed paper) in middle of pan. Carefully pour about 1 cup of water around the perimeter of meatloaf.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in complete awe !

thanks for the recipes

elise

Packrat said...

Thanks for sharing the recipes.

Roxanne said...

Elise--Yes, please be awed. It is a feat of great magnitude!

I am SO looking forward to the benefits!

Packrat--You're welcome. If you use any, let me know how you like them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails