Sep 7, 2010

Rule #19: A Job Well Done!


This is my last post in this series. I have accomplished what I set out to do (read HERE) and I am satisfied that the changes I've made have increased the comfort and contentment of our home for all three of us.

Rule #19 says this:

"At the end of each day, survey your home and family and ask yourself one important question: 'Have I inspired domestic tranquility?' With a little extra elbow grease and a 'Can do!' attitude, you, too, can answer each and every day with a resounding 'Yes!'"

What I love about this "rule" is that it reminds us to take a moment at the end of our day and appreciate our own accomplishments. It's way too easy to dismiss today as we're gearing up for tomorrow. Doing that never allows us to KNOW that we've reached our goals. Others may or may not comment on our efforts, but taking a moment to see what we've achieved is important.

Determining that one of the things we want to achieve is a tranquil home that ministers to all who live there (or visit) is taking this a step further.

Have you Inspired Domestic Tranquility today?
(Click HERE to read the whole series. Scroll down to the bottom and read up.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had a chance to read then, but I certainly plan to! What an accomplishment! Mary R.

Roxanne said...

Mary--I hope you enjoy the series. It was definitely thought-provoking for me and I've made a few changes because of writing about this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails