Jan 25, 2011

Resolution Tuesday: 49 weeks to go


(As I posted HERE, I am going to "report in" on my resolution progress for the next 49 weeks. I had six areas (the seventh was doing this reporting) that I wanted to pay attention to this year. Posting about it keeps me accountable, which I find very helpful. I hope you don't mind!)

Area 1: Weight


Only one pound down for a total of 8 this week. This is usually the point where I start falling apart. I'm going to do my best to push through this hurdle. Pray for me!

Area 2: Family

A soft voice. It's so easy for me to get loud toward others if I'm upset or frustrated. It's time to turn down the volume (or even push the "mute" button!). If I raise my voice it certainly doesn't make things better. Even if I'm not upset, it would still be a good idea to make sure my voice is pleasant and cheerful.

Area 3: Schedule

New varmints have moved into my schedule in the form of cramps and migraines. If I don't feel well, something has to go. Right now the house and the homeschooling are up-to-date, but the paperwork is suffering! I should feel better by tomorrow, I hope!

Area 4: Chassis Maintenance

This week's focus is a good one--consume that water! I've actually been doing really well on this and have been doing 64 ounces a day since Jan. 3. Then I had to go and read that Jennifer Aniston drinks 100 ounces a day. If she can do it, I can do it!

Area 5: Debt

Continuing to get my ducks in order and gear up for taxes. I use the free Tax Act program online. I've used it for years and it works well for me.

Area 6: Garden

Continuing to "dig" into all the information I can. Current reads from the library are:






And a VERY inspiring DVD! I got the whole series from The West Ladies for my birthday. They are a mother and three daughters who are homesteading in Tennessee. After watching them work their huge garden (in dresses, no less!) with help only for the really tough stuff, I realized that I can certainly get my hands dirty and put in a good season's work for my family, too.

Of course, I say that from the cozy couch inside while there's snow all over the garden right now!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roxanne -- you are doing so GREAT on the weight loss! Praying for you to be able to hang in there.

Weight is all relative. A while back you shared your weight goals in a post and I just wanted to let you know that to be at your spot is pretty close to my GOAL weight. So if you ever feel discouraged just think Trixie would kill (not really, of course) to be where I'm at : )

Roxanne said...

Trixie--Thank you for the encouragement and the prayer! It is MUCH appreciated.

Packrat said...

Congratulations! Good luck and prayers.

I'm with Trixie. I'd like to weigh what you do, but then I'd like to lose more after that.

Please be careful. Drinking too much water is almost as bad as not drinking enough. Can flush necessary nutrients and/or cause water retention. (Besides, I'm not a Jen*nifer Ani*ston fan. Sorry.)

PS: Where has the time gone? I'm so far behind on reading everyone's blogs.

Roxanne said...

Packrat! I wondered what you were up to! I missed you.

I'm not a J.A. fan, myself. Would I like to be in the shape she is in? Yesiree Bob!

Actually, I misquoted her article. She drinks 100 ounces of Smartwater every day. I'm not sure what that is, but maybe that has nutrients in it.

I'm doing well to get the 64 ounces down. I don't think I'll be able to go for the 100 myself. I'm definitely not going to by Smartwater!

Packrat said...

Hahahaha - Sorry. Slim would be nice, wouldn't it. (I could never look like Jennifer. I never, ever have even when I weighed 108 pounds. Short and stocky is how I'm built.)

Smartwater - no clue, but it is probably expensive. Getting that much anything down is a chore.

Roxanne said...

That should be "buy" not "by."

There. Now I can sleep peacefully.

I'm sure the Smartwater gets pricey if she's doing 100 ounces a day!

I'll just be glad to get the weight off so that I can breathe better, wear nice clothes, and not have heartburn!

Packrat said...

Thank you. I "swear" that blogspot (or whatever) changes what I write. Sometimes whole words will be left out. In this instance, though, I'm sure I was just in too big a hurry and typed the wrong word.

Breathing easier and getting into clothes would be lovely.

Roxanne said...

Oh My Goodness: No, no, no! I'M the one who misspelled it, not you! (Wait, did I just misspell, misspelled? That looks like a lot of "S's.")

This is what happens when you're in the midst of teaching elementary grammar--you're always second-guessing what you write and stressing over little things!

Besides, I would NEVER correct someone else's grammar or spelling. Only J gets that "privilege" LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails