My BLOG, however, has been given an award for being stylish. At least one of us is LOL!
Enola Gay at Paratus Familia has honored me with this lovely award. Seriously, having this arrive in my inbox made me feel much nicer! I still look a mess, but there's a smile on my face.
Paratus Familia is a blog all about living completely off-grid and doing it VERY well, thank you! She makes being prepared for whatever comes along look easy. Along with that, she makes sure to do it in a lovely, feminine way including having teatime on a daily basis. If I'm feeling stressed or grumpy about doing my work, I visit her blog and am instantly inspired.
As with any blog award, there are rules that govern them. The rules of this award are,
- I must divulge 7 things about myself and,
- Nominate 15 other blogs for the Stylish Blog Award.
Here are seven things about myself:
1) I have been singing "Come On, Eileen" non-stop for three weeks now. It's driving me crazy. I finally decided to look up the lyrics. I had NO idea what they were! Still can't seem to stop singing it, though.
2) I have green eyes. I kind of like that they're that color--when neither one is swollen.
3) My dad was 45 when I was born (his first child), and 50 when my sister was born.
4) I'm 1/4 Romanian and 1/4 Yugoslavian through my father.
5) I am learning Latin while teaching it to my son and it is BIG FUN!
6) My husband is 15 DAYS older than I am. I rub that in every year when he's technically a year older. (Until I catch up with him, that is.)
7) My favorite breakfast is sausage gravy over Southern biscuits and grits with plenty of butter and salt--washed down with a freshly brewed iced Sweet Tea. People mock me. I ignore them.
I'm going to mention some blogs that I truly enjoy that I have NOT posted about before. Please go and visit them!
- American President's Blog - Fun trivia and information about our presidents.
- Little Homestead in the City - I am intrigued with the idea of homesteading. The chances of my doing it any time soon are pretty small. This blog is about a family that homesteads on a half-acre city lot! Lots of great info there.
- Nourished Kitchen - Based on Nourishing Traditions. Chock-full of healthy whole-foods recipes.
- Sustainable Eats - Another VERY inspiring food blog that fits in with my homesteading desires.
- New Life on a Homestead - OK, OK, I know there's a theme here. This is yet another inspiring blog. I especially loved her posts about her gleaning knowledge from her more experienced homesteading friends.
- Bringing Pretty Back - A total shift in the emphasis here! Her posts are light-hearted encouragements to show ourselves at our best. Lots of pink and wonderfully "girly."
I know it says 15, but I think I'll stop there. You'll have a lot of good reading visiting just those six!
Thank you, again, Enola Gay for the honor. It came at good time!