Apr 12, 2011

Resolution Tuesday: 38 Weeks to Go




(As I posted HERE, I am going to "report in" on my resolution progress each work for the entire year. I had six areas (the seventh was doing this reporting) to which I wanted to give special attention. Posting about it keeps me accountable, which I find very helpful. I hope you don't mind!)

Area 1: Weight Another pound gone! I've been downing the water and my vitamins faithfully. The weather has FINALLY started looking spring-like and I plan to get out and do some serious walking. I'm also going to stop eating after 7:00 in the evening. Baby steps!

Area 2: Family This may sound corny. It may sound annoying. Are you ready? I'm making a concerted effort to have a--it sounds so silly!--"lilt" in my voice. Let me explain. When I speak to my husband and my son, I tend to have a matter-of-fact sound to my voice. Just the facts, ma'am. I noticed that when I talk to others, however, I have a much brighter, happier tone to my voice. I'm calling it a "lilt." For the past two days I have employed that new tone. I have seen AMAZING results. 25 years of marriage and I just noticed this. Oh my. Also, my son turned 9yo today. MY BABY, MY BABY! I'll wipe my tears and move on to the next area.

Area 3: Schedule After weeks of fine-tuning my schedule, I'm about ready to "unveil" it. It's a big deal to me because it is w.o.r.k.i.n.g! I'll share it in case something useful might pop up for someone else.

Area 4: Chassis Maintenance Now that our weather is changing (finally), my lower body will get some exposure. I'm going to take care of that and also dig out my sandals and get them spruced up. I did a post about shoe care HERE that I thought I'd bring up with this (finally) change of season.

Area 5: Debt I just found out that the company that does our IRA has a cool program. We just switched to them in 2010. For the first four years we're with their company, they will contribute 4% of whatever WE put into our IRA to our account. How cool is that? It doesn't help our debt now, but we have been putting into an IRA since we were 24yo. Hopefully that will be a great thing when we "retire."

Area 6: Garden I got all my early seeds planted! I hope I didn't water them too much. I have 2162 varieties of lettuce, 8492 tomato plants, a lot of flowers, and, of all things, OKRA. We'll see how that goes. (My numbers may not be quite accurate--maybe it just SEEMED like I planted that many.)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I am adopting your idea of the "lilt". I don't think it's silly at all! I think about how many times I hear people (or worse, ME) talk to their children or husbands in a tone they'd never use with say... someone at church, and I have been realizing that I give my best to people I don't even know that well--or at all. My family deserves my best. It's so easy to get in a rut. Thanks for the reminder :)

Packrat said...

Yes, thanks for the reminder that we need to sound and be nicer/sweeter to our family members. I'm so guilty of sounding crabbier (nice word for something that sometimes sounds meaner) than I intend. Such a bad habit.

Happy Birthday to J. Nine. Wow. He won't be a little boy much longer. (Hate to break it to you, but this is probably the real last year. Just be warned... grin!)

Congratulations on your weight loss. Woohoo!

Laughing at your seed and variety count. Do you have cold frames? Just curious, because here it is just a little too early to even start seeds inside.

Roxanne said...

Carrie and Packrat--EXACTLY. I'm glad to help remind others as I remind myself.

Packrat--Noooooo! I don't want to hear that! He's already up to my shoulder in height.

Children are just so awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails