Apr 5, 2011

Resolution Tuesday: 39 Weeks to Go




(As I posted HERE, I am going to "report in" on my resolution progress each work for the entire year. I had six areas (the seventh was doing this reporting) to which I wanted to give special attention. Posting about it keeps me accountable, which I find very helpful. I hope you don't mind!)


Area 1: Weight

No loss this week.

Area 2: Family

My son's birthday is coming up next week. In our family, the birthday person gets to choose their favorite foods for breakfast, lunch, AND supper. Guess what we're having for breakfast next Tuesday? Ice cream. Well, at least there's milk in it!

Area 3: Schedule

Winter will be over soon (I hope). This winter we have heated almost exclusively with wood. When I get up in the mornings, I go downstairs to start the fire. Since that takes more than flipping a switch, I decided to do my devotional reading while I'm monitoring the fire. It has been great to start the day with two such rewarding activities!

Area 4: Chassis Maintenance

I have discovered the benefits of an old, old standard: Ponds Cold Cream. It gently cleans and moisturizes my poor rosacea beleaguered skin. My skin is SO soft, even the next morning. It's also inexpensive!

Area 5: Debt

I'm getting close to another milestone percentage. It's slow, but it's happening!

Area 6: Garden

I've got my seeds, my starting soil, and my planting pots. We also have a mini-greenhouse that I picked up at Kinney Drugs a few years ago. This week we'll be having a combination homeschool lesson/planting session.

5 comments:

Packrat said...

Ice cream for breakfast - hope it isn't a cold snowy morning. lol Sorry you didn't lose any weight. Maybe next week.

Roxanne said...

Which WON'T happen if I join in with the ice cream breakfast!

Packrat said...

Roxanne, you might. Sometimes weird things happen. Shock your system. Oh, I was going to add to my first comment, but got sidetracked - the thought of building up the fire and doing your devotionals sounds nice - kind of old-fashioned, relaxing, and comforting.

Roxanne said...

That's exactly how it is. Because I have to hang around a bit, it really keeps me from rushing through the devotional reading.

I AM, however, very willing for spring to get here and not have to do any more fires!

K Quinn said...

I need to make some resolutions. You are inspiring me. I keep meaning to workout, really I do...

Related Posts with Thumbnails