Oct 30, 2011

Vintage House Plans: The Cleverlay

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you will remember that I am a big fan of small spaces. I've reduced our living area by about 700sf and am always decluttering and reorganizing to see if I can't make things more efficient and compact.

One of my favorite catalogs to thumb through is my 1919 copy of The Famous Fifty and other Favorite Homes Built by the Sterling System. It is FULL of small houses that were built with good-quality materials. I've given other information about this company and featured a couple of their plans HERE.

Today's focus home is The Cleverlay. It's a whopping 1008sf with three bedrooms, a large living room, and a sweet cottage exterior with shakes. Click on the photo and you can read all the wonderful details that come with the package. It says that two men could build this house in 17 days. That's with cedar-lined closets, mind you!


The price for the HOUSE (not the plans!) was $891.00 If one were to pay cash, the price would be reduced to $846.45. Not bad for 9 foot ceilings, oak in the living area and putty to fill up the nail holes!

2 comments:

Packrat said...

This house is really cute on the outside, but I'm not liking the floor plan. Too much traffic through the kitchen, dining and living room to get to the bathroom and bedrooms.

Roxanne said...

Packrat--Isn't there a door to the bedrooms from the living room? I'm going to have to hunt down my glasses and see about this!

The exterior is what caught my attention, too. It's really adorable, isn't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails