Dec 20, 2011

Resolution Tuesday: 2 Weeks to Go


TWO, count them, TWO weeks to go until 2011 is gone. What will 2012 bring?

Here's the second to last reporting of my 2011 goals and how they're going:

Area 1: Weight

Another year and a total of 7 pounds lighter. Seven. That's not all the pounds that have been lost, no. Those are the ones that stayed away once I banished them. That part is good...

Area 2: Family

We have completed three weeks of family togetherness with my sister's family. We're having a blast but they're eager to get into their own home. It looks like that won't be before Christmas, so Christmas will be at my house this year!

Area 3: Schedule

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Area 6: Chassis Maintenance

Can it GET any more dry? We have been using pots of water on our woodstove as well as humidifiers, but goodness! Of course, I have been drinking non-stop sweet tea and pretty much no water. Perhaps there lies the source of my pruniness?

Area 5: Debt

We've been minimal in our gift giving this year. For my husband's side of the family I scanned in all of my MIL's pictures and put them on a CD. This will be the second Christmas since she died and I thought it would be nice to have the collection available.

For my side of the family, I made a photo album of a selection of photos from mine and my sisters' childhoods. It turned out REALLY well. Snapfish had an offer for "buy one, get two free" so I took advantage of it. HERE is a link to that offer which is good until December 26, 2011.

Area 6: Garden

We finally got a load of manure for the garden. I never did get the cover crop planted, but I WILL be ready to do that next fall/winter. The fact that we were able to get the manure (for free!) was really great. We knew we didn't want horse, even though it was plentiful. My dh talked to a man a few streets over who raises 2-3 steers on his 3 acres each year (for their own meat) and he told him to help himself.

Maybe NEXT year the tomatoes will be happy enough to actually grow!

2 comments:

Packrat said...

I'm sorry! I missed this post. Sounds like you will have a fun houseful. Merry Christmas to you and your whole family. God Bless!

Roxanne said...

Packrat--And you, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails