Dec 5, 2011

Resolution Tuesday: 4 Weeks to Go


My sister, BIL, and their two kids (8yo and 7mo) have sold their house! They're also in the process of buying another one! The challenging part is that they had to move out on November 30th but won't be able to move in until the end of December. Meanwhile, they're technically "homeless," but not really. We believe that family takes care of family, so we now have seven living together in our house. The categories below will reflect aspects of this circumstance!

Area 1: Weight

Now I can blame my sister for my not losing weight. No? You mean it's not her fault that I am partaking of all sorts of delicious meals? Shoot.

Area 2: Family

As I mentioned above, family does what it can when family members are in need. This has been a golden opportunity for my son and his 8yo cousin to learn to get along better. They're still working things out LOL!

Area 3: Schedule

Despite the upheaval, we are all persevering with keeping housework under control and maintaining the homeschooling. It's been fun having a class with TWO kids in it! It certainly makes games and such easier.

Area 4: Chassis Maintenance

I got a mani-pedi certificate for my birthday. I turned 24. Well, times two.

Area 5: Debt

We are now at 30% paid down. Slow going, but at least it's moving!

Area 6: Garden

We're looking for a source of free manure to till into the plots. We also talked about growing a ground cover for the winter. What suggestions would you have for a nutritious cover crop to be tilled in when spring arrives? We're in New England and I'm pretty sure that we're going to get snow at SOME point in the future!

4 comments:

K Quinn said...

Aw that's nice. I like family pulling together like that. We had to do that a few times. It was like 9 living together. I'm sure it makes homeschool a bit more fun for the kiddos.
Thank you for reminding me we never got our manure to till. Ground cover? We don't have enough ground for cover but I remember something about nitrogen. I've forgotten which plant gives the best but clover, buckwheat, oats, rye, triticale wheat are ones that come to mind.
For weight I joined SparkPeople (a long time ago but just started going again). It's free and I can monitor what I eat and when I workout. It's also a bit motivating as everyone is there to get healthier and lose weight.

Roxanne said...

K Quinn--Tuesday will be 14 days that we've lived as a large family. It's really been fun. I will definitely miss them when they leave, though both families will also be happy to be individual families again.

Good ideas on the ground cover. I think it would be nice to have that for the spring tilling. Perhaps the stinkin' tomatoes will grow next year!

I haven't looked at SparkPeople yet. I should go and check it out.

Also, thank you for the fun Thanksgiving card! My son played with that card and then the site for about an hour!

Lynn said...

It can be fun to have visitors staying with you, but stressful, too! I just wanted to say hi and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Roxanne said...

Lynn--Hi and Merry Christmas, too! Can you believe the year is almost over???

Related Posts with Thumbnails