Mar 9, 2009

Phase 1: Week 4--Pictures

I'm not going to write much tonight, just basically captions for the pictures.

One of the "areas" is my sewing nook. I posted about that HERE (with pics).

One of my delights is the area in my sewing nook where I've decorated with these finds (the cups are square-shaped):


In our "media area" we've set up the electronics across from which I've placed two of these chairs. They're in VERY good shape (I need to tack some piping back on, etc.) and from the mid-60s from the what the owner told me:


On my sewing nook wall I have this item. I'm using it as my color and theme (circles) inspiration:



I mentioned a floor lamp that came directly from my husband's grandparents' house. It has three shades on a tall central stick. It's all taken apart right now for rewiring and painting. When we've finished it I'll post a picture.

It's time for bed. Tomorrow is another day to declutter--YAY!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your retro theme. The circles board is so cool -- modern, yet retro.

Take Care,

Trixie

EB said...

I forgot to say yesterday how excited I am about your 50's theme. And those blue chairs are to die for. My house was built in 1950, so I'm pretty crazy for anything from the era. Can't wait to see more!

p.s. What is it about square cups? I have a set, too, and for some reason, square cups are just the cutest little things. LOL!

Roxanne said...

Trixie--The board definitely afforded inspiration. When I get to the "beautify" phase, I plan to be all over that circle them LOL!

Humblelabor--I was SO excited when I found those chairs! They're pretty comfortable, too.

Oh, don't get me started on square. I am IN LOVE with the Jadite charm dinnerware. It's a lovely milky green with a SQUARE shape.

Anybody want to swap their jadite for my pink swirl dinnerware?

Anyone?

Anonymous said...

I love it all too. When I saw your 'circles board' I got all perky, then I saw the chairs--uh oh--I feel a scavenger hunt coming on! And I just decluttered!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Roxanne,
Did you see my post about receiving the tea book? If you didn't, I want you to know that I just love it! Thank you so much!!!!

Roxanne said...

Jeannie--I'm glad you got the book OK and are enjoying it. It's refreshing just reading it, isn't it?

Heck, one of the reasons I'm doing all this decluttering is so I can go and get stuff that I find to be beautiful and functional! (Will Morris SAID so, I believe him!)

EB said...

I just went and looked up Jadite Charm on the internet because I wasn't familiar with it....and now I know we were meant to be together. Those dishes are too cute! It hurts to think about them they are so cute. And also because they would match the set of Jadite nesting mixing bowls I have that were my grandmother's just perfectly. LOL!

Roxanne said...

Humble:

STOP IT! You have Jadite mixing bowls????

(sigh) Can you post a picture just for drooling purposes?

Related Posts with Thumbnails