Oct 5, 2009

Fall Cleaning: MY Plan of Action

MY PLAN of Action:

My Tools:

  • Have a stack of cleaning cloths ready to go. I got mine at Costco per Copperswife's suggestion. Love them!
  • Have a lovely pan in which to put the cleaner. Use a cleaner with lots of lovely scent. I like Lemon, Lavendar, or Vanilla.
  • Use HOT water.
  • Assemble the other cleaning tools. Mine are my broom, ceiling duster broom, wall edge broom, duster, and vacuum.
  • Assemble other cleaners like window cleaner, disinfectant, etc. HERE are my recipes.

My Order of Cleaning:

  • Stand at the door and envision the result. (Take a deep breath--it helps.)
  • Remove small things from your room. Remove garbage cans, footstools, pillows, anything that isn't furniture. Set them outside of the room out of your way. Put away anything that is out of place but belongs in that room. Anything that doesn't belong in that room, set outside, too.
  • Throw away trash.
  • Take anything out that can be washed in the kitchen sink, dishwasher or washing machine.
  • Clean the cobwebs from the ceiling and wall.
  • Dust furniture (don't forget legs and rails).
  • Pull furniture away from wall.
  • Pull dust and debris away from the wall edge after dusting baseboards.
  • Vacuum upholstery (lift cushions, please).
  • Vacuum or sweep floor.
  • Now for that lovely bucket with the aroma-cleaning water. Starting at the top (eg top edge of doors) and work your way down and around the room wiping around door handles, light switches, baseboards, etc. Don't forget the trim around the doors and windows. I have shutters on some of my windows. Those are part of the "trim."
  • If you have uncarpeted floors, wipe where the baseboard and flooring meet.
  • Mop whole floor if appropriate.
  • Polish furniture with your favorite polish.
  • Clean mirrors and the inside glass of the windows.
  • Put everything back.
  • Make sure to stop and admire the look and feel of this freshly cleaned room!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a great plan. I love the part about taking all the stuff out that isn't furniture. I hate having to clean around all kinds of little odds and ends.

Trixie

Roxanne said...

Trixie--I agree. Getting those things out makes it easier to clean and makes it look like LESS to clean!

Packrat said...

No fall cleaning at my house this year. Oh, well. My brother did call someone to come do the tall unreachable places at my mom's. Thank goodness; it's looking pretty bad.

Have "fun" and enjoy the finished product. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails