Mar 17, 2011

A Kitchen Questionaire!

I'm addicted to lists and forms. My husband says I'm the Queen of Lists and Forms. He's hinted that I go overboard just a little bit about them. I have no idea what he's talking about. With that knowledge, it shouldn't surprise you that when I came across this "meme," I just had to fill in the answers! I don't like to do memes about me (mostly because I'm just not all that interesting), but my kitchen, now THAT I'll talk about!

Welcome to My Kitchen

1. Do you have magnets on your fridge? Just a couple. One is a Lightning McQueen. Guess who put that there?

2. Do you have a calendar in the kitchen and if so, what is it’s theme? Not in my kitchen—it’s next to my desk. The theme is whatever the local hardware store chooses! 3. What is your favorite kitchen gadget or tool? Toaster oven. We use it like a microwave to heat leftovers and for small batch cooking rather than heating up the large oven. 4. Are you lucky enough to have a pantry of some kind? My husband blessed me with the bestest pantry ever. Click HERE to see it! 5. What is your favorite appliance? The dishwasher. Oh, yes. 6. Do you have an eat in kitchen? Nope. 7. Do you have a bread box? Yes. It’s chrome and sits on top of the frig (the only place I could find to put it). It does not hold bread. It holds desserts!
8. Do you have a picture of your kids on the fridge? No. I have lots of pictures DRAWN by my kid on the frig, though. 9. Do you ever cook breakfast in your pjs? I try not to, but sometimes it is what it is. 10. Do you have a favorite cookbook? My 1955 “Gem of a Cookbook." 11. Are you lucky enough to have recipes that were passed down from your mom and grandma? No. My grandmother was an amazing cook. My aunt got all her recipes and she won’t share! 12. What’s your favorite food? BBQ ribs. Smoked BBQ ribs. Southern smoked BBQ ribs cooked in a dive of a restaurant. Um Hm. 13. What’s your favorite thing to cook? I don’t like to cook. My favorite thing is when someone ELSE cooks! 14. Is your coffee pot electric or stove top? Electric. It’s an espresso machine. 15. Do you make your own bread? No. I want to, I really do. One day I will actually do it. 16. Does your kitchen have a theme? Sorta, kinda 50s inspired? 17. Is there a clock in your kitchen? Yes. One way above the sink and a digital on the stove. I need the one above the sink because my stove clock is also the timer. It drives me crazy when I look at it and see "1:45" and it's actually 5pm. I feel like I'm in a time warp! 18. Do you have a bowl of fruit on your table or counter? Yes, two. One with apples, one with oranges. 19. What type of canisters do you have? White fluted ceramic. I love them. 20. Name one thing you have hanging on the wall in your kitchen. A copper jello mold over my stove. See, that's my 50s theme! 21. What’s for supper tonight? Leftovers 22. Do you have enough cabinet space? Almost. Just ONE more small base cabinet with a drawer would be perfect.


23. Does your family use paper plates? No. They don't hold up well in the dishwasher. 24. Do you have a good set of china packed up? Not packed up, but not used as often as I’d like. 25. Do you wear an apron to work in the kitchen? I’m working on this one. I really need to. When I actually DO cook, I'm notorious for wiping my hands down the front of my pants or skirt. Over and over. It's pathetic, really. 26. Name one thing you would change about your kitchen if you could. Tear up the annoying tile and put down one big sheet of smooth, yet rugged 50s style linoleum!

Join me in sharing about your kitchen!


**********************************************************

See Lily's answers at The Amber Lily.


See Packrat's answers at Swatting at Flies.


**********************************************************

6 comments:

Lily said...

Thanks for sharing! What a neat list. I posted my list on my blog. :)

Roxanne said...

I added your link to the post. Thanks for participating!

Anonymous said...

What fun! And, what a lovely pantry. Amen to the bbq ribs. Really anything in bbq sauces : )

So... not that I'm stalking you but I had to go back and re-read your pantry showcase post once I came to the part about you not liking to cook. So you keep coconut milk, guava paste, rye, spelt and oat groats on hand for quicky suppers? I like to cook and I think I'm doing good by buying the "good" ww bread. What do you do with these ingredients? Or, are they like a few things in my pantry that I've been meaning to find a way to use for years? : )

Roxanne said...

Trixie--Yes, to my shame, I don't like to cook. I really want to like it. Perhaps one day my ephiphany will come.

I actually DO use those things you listed. The coconut milk is great for soups, especially Asian inspired ones. It's nice to have a different flavor.

The guava paste is because I grew up in Cuban Tampa. I LOVE guava. We use it like jam for spreads and fillings. Mmmmmmm.

The rye I have to make the Nourishing Traditions sourdough. I have YET to do that as I don't like rye. The spelt is what I use instead of wheat for making flour for bread/pizza/etc. I'm halfway through my supply now. Only 25 pounds to go!

The oat groats are awesome. I grind them up (sometimes with the spelt) coursly and use them for hot cereal. I also use a fine grind for flour to add to some of my bread recipes.

That almost sounds like I like to cook, doesn't it? LOL!

Rebecca said...

#25: made me smile

#11: I hope that aunt reads your post and feels convicted to share!

Packrat said...

Hmmm, I thought I commented on this post the other day. Anyway, this was fun. Thanks for doing this. I posted my list on my blog, too, and I added a link to your post. Some of your answers were too good to change. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails