Mar 8, 2011

Resolution Tuesday: 45, I mean 44, uh 43 Weeks to Go


(Ummm, uhhhh, I'm a little behind on my Resolution posts. Well, I'm just going to get right back to it and see if I can maintain it from here on out!)

(As I posted HERE, I am going to "report in" on my resolution progress each work for the entire year. I had six areas (the seventh was doing this reporting) to which I wanted to give special attention. Posting about it keeps me accountable, which I find very helpful. I hope you don't mind!)

Area 1: Weight

While I was sick and living off of Gatorade and saltines, I dropped another 3 pounds. I knew better than to count them, though. Once I began eating again, back they came. I WILL succeed in this area, doggone it! This was just a setback.

Area 2: Family

When we were all sick at the same time, I noticed that it took extra effort on all our parts to get beyond our own physical problems and care about one another. We did. We compared all our complaints, and whoever managed to get upstairs to the kitchen looked out for everyone else. Thought a pretty rough sickness, I was reminded how blessed we are to be living in a time when medicines are available to ease the symptoms, and when help would be quickly available if things took a turn for the worse. I am grateful that we're all better, but I'm humbled and don't want to take things for granted.

Area 3: Schedule

I managed to keep the laundry piles on the lower side and even kept up-to-date on the bills. This week, however, I finally managed to remove the clutter and the dust that kept right on being created while I was holed up in the basement!

Area 4: Chassis Maintenance

I finally attacked the skunk that was attached to the top of my head. That feels good.

Area 5: Debt

We have gone to the next lower level of our mortgage. That's what I'm guessing, anyhow. They lowered the monthly payment by $75 and didn't say why. I suppose it's because we've paid down to a certain amount. Either way, I've determined to continue to pay the previous amount which should reduce our principle even more. Every little bit helps in getting that debt GONE!

Area 6: Garden

I dug this book out of our bookcases:


It is loaded with all sorts of info, but it's also a fun read because it was written in 1972 by real live hippies! It's fun to read because of that mindset. In the front of the book my DH wrote that we got it at a yard sale in 1992 for 50 cents. It was already 20 years old then! It's still available. Click on the picture for the Amazon link.

I tried to find out what has become of the author and illustrator. I couldn't find anything. I always like to know "the rest of the story."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!!! "real live hippies!"

I've read lots of old magazines and there have been several articles on the hippie movement and commune living. All the people interviewed (those living as hippies) swear up and down the hippe lifestyle IS the best lifestyle out there hands down. Funny, now that a few decades have passed and these people are presumably older and wiser (well, older for sure:) seldom is an old hippie to be found.

I work with a very nice guy that lived on the beach for years (on, not in a beach house) in California during the hippie heyday and now that he has aches and pains, he says it's best to live in a comforable house, comfortable bed, be married and have a regular income. Too funny!

Roxanne said...

Trixie--See, you know what I mean LOL!

I wonder if any of my readers were "real live hippies" back in the day???

Related Posts with Thumbnails