Mar 31, 2011

Resolution Tuesday: 40 Weeks to Go

Being sick last week caused me to miss Week 41. I'm a tad late on Week 40, but it's done!

As I posted HERE, I am going to "report in" on my resolution progress each work for the entire year. I had six areas (the seventh was doing this reporting) to which I wanted to give special attention. Posting about it keeps me accountable, which I find very helpful. I hope you don't mind!)

Area 1: Weight

I'm down 2 pounds! Ramping up the veggies definitely is useful.

Area 2: Family

This is a big one for me. In 30 years, my husband has always been amenable to whatever my movie/video choices have been. He's never balked at my inclusion of "chick flicks" even. Recently, I realized that it has been balanced in MY direction for too long. I have committed to watching a "guy" video more often. It's torture for me, but I'm going to do it. He's always watched them by himself, but I know he would like us to "be together" rather than apart in separate rooms. I will bite the bullet and....mercy....watch a movie of his choice. Oy.

Area 3: Schedule

I spent the weekend pulling together all my son's homeschooling journey to take to our evaluator. It was a work of art when I got done! My sister and I travel an hour to her house (we make a day of it with shopping and play areas for the kids). I hauled a crate full of stuff and we went through the entire year of his schooling. I love doing this. It's fun to look back and see how far he's come and also to plan toward the future. He passed with flying colors!

Area 4: Chassis Maintenance

Though 4-6 inches of snow is forecast for us (I thought it was going to be last night, but I guess it's tomorrow), I still see so many signs of spring. One of those is my very sad feet who have lived in utter darkness for months now. It's time for a pedi!

Area 5: Debt

Ever since I posted about Zero Waste, I've been keeping tabs on our own usage. It's rather dismal. I know that making some changes in my thinking will also affect the amount of money that goes out. We cleaned out my son's room (his birthday is in a week), and donated a full bag of things he no longer needs or wants to play with. I also talked to him about what happens to the things we throw away. It was enlightening to both of us.

Area 6: Garden

Guess what?? We purchased seeds! I will be getting some soil starter and planting my seed flats in the next few days. We bought no GMO, untreated seeds at our little local seed and feed store. The owner of the store gave me a fun little tip regarding "last frost" in our state: If there's no more snow on _____ mountain's nose, you can safely plant in the ground. Cool!



(Picture from HERE)

4 comments:

stephanie said...

If the movie choices are along the lines of Jason Statham, I feel your pain!!

Anonymous said...

ugh.... guy movies/shows. I love things heavy on sap as my husband puts it: The Waltons, Leave it to Beaver, Anne of Green Gables kind of stuff. George's favorite shows involve investigating a grisly murder or people getting eaten alive by a bear, lion, alligator or gored to death by a water buffalo. Whenever he watches a sappy show with me I'm fairly bouncing off the walls with excitement, so I figure I can do the same for him and suck it up once in a while and watch somebody get chomped on.

K Quinn said...

Look at you! So productive.

Let us know what you end up watching. My husband is so easy here. He is not into tv/movies at all. But he still is really enjoying the Little House episodes.

Can your son talk to my daughter about getting rid of stuff? I went through her room in preparation for her birthday too. While I talked to her about the other children who could benefit from her excess she still insisted on keeping the broken paddle ball??!! She loves anything and everything. It's all a toy!

Gardening is so lovely. I need to start tomatoes, and peppers this week. I have peas popping up and onions and carrots in the ground.

Roxanne said...

Stephanie--I'll have to work my way UP to that level LOL!

Trixie--You are a wonderful wife. I always cover my eyes during the chomping scenes. I'll sit there and I'll "watch" it until something like that comes up!

K Quinn--We ended up watching a John Wayne western. I made it through!

The biggest thing that helped with my son getting rid of things was laying out 3 items, two that I KNEW he wouldn't part with and one that he wasn't THAT attached to. Then I would tell him to KEEP (not get rid of) two items. It worked for him!

I'm envious. We got snow yesterday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails